Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
player piano suggestions
Music 
made on request of adhara
  • it's impossible to change the tempo mid-song, so halfnotes and the like are impossible
  • 250 notes is way too short of a song, for reference /tg/ instruments allow 15000 notes
  • 3 octaves is a comically small amount of octaves to work with
  • pianos can't be destroyed normally, they require a deconstruction device
  • you can't stop a piano mid-song, you have to wait until the very end
  • this is more of a personal gripe than anything but i really wish that prying off a piano's maintenance panel was instant instead of delayed, just for convenience's sake in linking large numbers of pianos
  • on the subject of linking if there was some sort of visual indicator letting you know that a piano was linked to another that'd be really nice
  • since the format is in one big line it's hard to easily edit a song after already inputting it, just a multiline format would be nice
- i can probably add tempo changes pretty easy
- we cant do the same as tg so i'll make it 15001 notes
- im really limited on what i can do for octaves, ill ask gannets if he feels okay recording more piano notes
- as for destruction of pianos, no idea how to implement, ill look around though - if a piano player is being annoying though, you can just snip the loop wire, pulse it with the panel open, or unscrew it and space it
- you CAN stop it midsong, use the piano key
- as for non instant panel removal, it probably gets tedious but its not a super long delay, i just rarely see non delayed construction stuff so im hesitant to adjust that
- a visual indicator for linked pianos might be out of my reach, since i cant think of a way to do it easily (sorry)
- ive been meaning to fix the long string thing and i know how i just didnt know how to input multiline stuff back then, its literally a 1 word fix
Personally, the only problem I have with the piano is that I have no idea what sound the note I wrote will make before playing it at least once. I hope there will be a way to hear the note before writing it, either on a different window or the wiki.
Personally I hope people figure out how to play more than just "Megalovania", and "The Entertainer" for an entire round.
Imagine hating "The Entertainer".

Shame.
(11-15-2019, 02:41 PM)Adhara In Space Wrote: - you CAN stop it midsong, use the piano key
there's no option to stop it, and resetting the piano would mean breaking all of the piano links that i just spent 10 minutes setting up