Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Heavy Cyborg Arms Idea
Since we can use Heavy Cyborg Arms now, can we allow them to slow down the player but enable them to open fire doors and eventually full doors if they're emagged? They just break out of cuffs right now, but I feel like they could be way cooler and with some trade-offs. Maybe getting hit with an electrical shock can render borg arms useless for a few seconds to act as a counter?
give heavy borg arms stronger punch damage along with the ability to open fire doors, but you are a bit slower
emag heavy borg arms for instant aggressive grabs, and a chokehold that has a 10-20% percent chance every tick to crush/snap the person's neck, killing them instantly
but the payoff is that your arms sometimes emit sparks/have an intermittent spark overlay ( like emagged borgs do ), and when you use guns there is a 25% chance you press down on them too hard and break their firing mechanism, requiring you to use a screwdriver on them for 10 seconds, while standing still/uninterrupted

double emag the heavy borg arms for them to emit a horrible rattling noise frequently, a 50% chance for them to crush any items you are holding when you use them in hand/use them on something, and your punches throw people away from you, stunning them and dealing more damage
also there is a 50% chance you get set on fire every time the double-emagged heavy borg arms rattle/emit a spark/crush something
Wait, you can put heavy cyborg arms on and they function properly? Ha.
I would say keep it relatively simple. Make heavy cyborg arms break cuffs and buff your punches like the big bruiser trait (stacking with the trait), but unlike medium borg arms they slow you down. If you want to add emagging functionality let heavy arms pry open powered doors like a werewolf and that should be enouigh. Making heavy arms act like a crowbar in just about any context is really cool, makes sense, and hardly seems overpowered, but it's icing on the cake if that programming happens. At least in my opinion.
make heavy arms slow down your ability to stand back up from lying down because you're so top heavy
emagging heavy borg arms should let you launch them like rockets, at the cost of the arm
Ah they added heavy arms to the list of putting arms on people? Nice. I've always wanted to have the heavy arms let you punch harder but make you slower obviously. Like being able to break Rglass with a couple punches type stuff.
Honestly, I'd like to see some balance in Cyborg Arms as a whole that aren't just "break cuffs" - this ability should be solely for the Heavy Arms as it's a fucking great ability that needs come with some caveats.

Here's my suggestions with reasoning:

Light arms: 
No change. As it's a perk, any change to these may cause some balancing issues. But also it being a neutral, cost efficient replacement to organic arms is a bonus in itself.

Normal arms: 
Pros: Increased punching damage (ala big bruiser trait as described above) and have them function as crowbars when used freehand. 

Cons: Removed cuff breaking. Electrical charge (tasing/apc arcs/door shocking/defib/etc) causes the arms to malfunction*. 

Heavy Arms:
Pros: Increased punching damage, function as crowbars when used freehand. Heavy arms however can also do damage to the environment (such as breaking windows, hurting borgs, basically things that punches can't). They can also break cuffs.

Cons: Electrical charge causes the arms to malfunction*. Minor delay between usage and minor increase in stamina cost (you'll effectively be a little slower in using things and it will be a little bit more taxing).

*Malfunction really depends on how you'd like to see it balanced. Personally I think instead of the arms being completely disabled, which tasers already pretty much do anyway, I'd much prefer the malfunction to cause the arms to attack its user temporarily - throwing in 2-3 punches on average, in a similar manner to the Berserk virus.
Sundance pretty much covers exactly what Ive always wanted with robot arms