Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unban Appeal By KaiserVenture | Banned by johnwarcrimes
Reason: Fourth offence on bigoted language. Appeal this on our forums when you feel like playing by the rules
Banned By: johnwarcrimes

I don't exactly know when the ban happened. Since it was awhile ago.

Ban Length: Perma

What led to the ban: Honestly, I don't really remember. It's been awhile. Most likely, I said a slur like "Nigger" or "Faggot" which led to my ban. A previous perma happened similarly which ended with me being perma'd for using the N-Word.

Why I'm Appealing:  Took an about 3 month break from SS13, want to get into more serious play. Learning harder roles since a lot of my free time has opened up since then.

Why should I be unbanned: Honestly, I can make a promise I will not say any racial slur nor any slur of any kind. But I request, that we first talk about it before we bring down the banhammer if by mistake I say something some what teeter tottering on the edge of being what can be deemed bigotry. I hope the Goon Admin team can be more open minded to listening to offending players over time lapses The rule I broke (Rule 4) is a quite obvious one that many other servers have and Goon is no exception to that. In general, all I want to do is play on a server with no BS. No bwoinking every few seconds and I see Goon as that place, as a generally relaxed server. What I remember from my time on Goon in the past before my banning was nothing but positive experiences, which is the reason I want to abide by the rules every moment on the server afterwards. Hopefully that'll happen soon, that'll I'll be able to comeback and enjoy some time here.

With love, KaiserVenture.

P.S: I do not use discord often but if you'd like my discord PM me, and due to time constraints probably will not be able to respond to this thread in the most timely manner.

Lest We Forget
Why have I had to delete two waste of time posts of yours in admin complaints?
(11-07-2019, 10:18 PM)Wonkmin Wrote: Why have I had to delete two waste of time posts of yours in admin complaints?

Why did you have to bring it up here?
(11-07-2019, 11:05 PM)KaiserVenture Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 10:18 PM)Wonkmin Wrote: Why have I had to delete two waste of time posts of yours in admin complaints?

After being banned for disregarding the server's rules, then disregarding the forum's rules, among of those posts one being politically-oriented around accusing someone of supporting Stalin, which is also specified to be best avoided on the wiki's rules page, not taking into account that it's just blatant trolling which goes back to disregarding the forum's rules.

It's relevant to the appeal considering the ban being for not following rules and that being then repeated once again here.
(11-08-2019, 02:29 AM)Gerhazo Wrote:

After being banned for disregarding the server's rules, then disregarding the forum's rules, among of those posts one being politically-oriented around accusing someone of supporting Stalin, which is also specified to be best avoided on the wiki's rules page, not taking into account that it's just blatant trolling which goes back to disregarding the forum's rules.

It's relevant to the appeal considering the ban being for not following rules and that being then repeated once again here.
I apologize for that, I just wanted to engage in the community. Can you at least accept that?

(11-08-2019, 02:29 AM)Gerhazo Wrote:

To add on to my post before, what do you deem as a blatant trolling is highly subjective. All you have is my word, that  it was not the intention of mine to bring that aura. If you'd be so kind to discuss what I've written above, that'd be great. I am open to criticism, but I honestly take it with a grain of salt most of the time to be fully honest.

We should be lessening the flames, not enticing them.
The point of a ban appeal is to convince that though a person has broken the rules, it's not done intentionally with malice and/or that they can follow the rules from now on.

Breaking them again in the admin complaints subforum which has two all-caps stickied threads mentioning in all-caps to neither shitpost nor post in threads you're not involved in and that doing so will get you punished on the spot does the opposite of showing that one's able to follow the rules and I presume the fact that your forum account hasn't been banned already is to give you benefit of the doubt and a chance to explain such behavior, as presented by wonk's post.

I don't think it's a subjective opinion to perceive saying that a certain admin supports Stalin or calling a person posting an admin complaint thread based doesn't add anything to the threads other than trying to provoke a reaction(re: trolling). If anything, it devalues actual real complaints and the discussion relating to them.

Regarding "We should be lessening the flames, not enticing them.", the way I see it, the ban you're appealing is the flame, shitposting in the admin complaints threads is you enticing them and all the while we've been waiting for you to lessen them while they've only been made bigger.

This isn't my ban and I won't be resolving it but along with wonk just present the points that should be addressed for when the banning admin has a chance to look into it to avoid any lengthy back-and-forth and help resolve this quickly, which should hopefully be done, unless you stand by the point that the forementioned posts was engaging with the community(in which case for future reference involving, especially controversial, political figures i.e. Stalin or Hitler in any way is very much frowned upon, as well as the windrammer comment, though not used in that way by you the term itself originates in a(albeit absurd) sexual context, where anything relating to such is best avoided, and all of this taking place in a subforum that has very strict no jokes or posting in threads you're not involved with rules really doesn't look great).
(11-09-2019, 12:11 AM)Gerhazo Wrote: The point of a ban appeal is to convince that though a person has broken the rules, it's not done intentionally with malice and/or that they can follow the rules from now on.

Breaking them again in the admin complaints subforum which has two all-caps stickied threads mentioning in all-caps to neither shitpost nor post in threads you're not involved in and that doing so will get you punished on the spot does the opposite of showing that one's able to follow the rules and I presume the fact that your forum account hasn't been banned already is to give you benefit of the doubt and a chance to explain such behavior, as presented by wonk's post.

I don't think it's a subjective opinion to perceive saying that a certain admin supports Stalin or calling a person posting an admin complaint thread based doesn't add anything to the threads other than trying to provoke a reaction(re: trolling). If anything, it devalues actual real complaints and the discussion relating to them.

Regarding "We should be lessening the flames, not enticing them.", the way I see it, the ban you're appealing is the flame, shitposting in the admin complaints threads is you enticing them and all the while we've been waiting for you to lessen them while they've only been made bigger.

This isn't my ban and I won't be resolving it but along with wonk just present the points that should be addressed for when the banning admin has a chance to look into it to avoid any lengthy back-and-forth and help resolve this quickly, which should hopefully be done, unless you stand by the point that the forementioned posts was engaging with the community(in which case for future reference involving, especially controversial, political figures i.e. Stalin or Hitler in any way is very much frowned upon, as well as the windrammer comment, though not used in that way by you the term itself originates in a(albeit absurd) sexual context, where anything relating to such is best avoided, and all of this taking place in a subforum that has very strict no jokes or posting in threads you're not involved with rules really doesn't look great).

You completely ignored that I want to be apart of the goon community, and wanting to be apart of it means that I will follow the rules since I'd rather not be banned again. I did my fair share of trolling back then, I'm asking for a second chance. I've admit to my mistake on the forums. What else can I even do at this point?
I'm just asking questions so that the banning admin won't need to when they look into this appeal to save general time.

The position confused me because your answer to pointless posts breaking rules was that you wanted to engage with the community but now also saying that being part of it means following the rules. "back then" also implies that it was a long time ago but those posts were near the same timeframe as the appeal.
I assume that what you're trying to convey was that it was a misguided attempt at such which is what I believe you're trying to get across.

Warcrimes issued the ban and should be able to look into it when they have time, so for now you will have to wait until then.
(11-07-2019, 09:58 PM)KaiserVenture Wrote: Why should I be unbanned: [...] But I request, that we first talk about it before we bring down the banhammer if by mistake I say something some what teeter tottering on the edge of being what can be deemed bigotry.

Request Denied. Done it four times, not doing it again. 

i dont think i have much to add here. your behavior shows no growth, no comprehension of our rules or their intentions. 

There is no room for compromise on bigotry here, not for an inch. Until that's your jam, the answer is simply:

No. 

Do not reappeal for 31 calendar days.
(11-09-2019, 10:05 PM)warcrimes Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 09:58 PM)KaiserVenture Wrote: Why should I be unbanned: [...] But I request, that we first talk about it before we bring down the banhammer if by mistake I say something some what teeter tottering on the edge of being what can be deemed bigotry.

i dont think i have much to add here. your behavior shows no growth, no comprehension of our rules or their intentions. 

There is no room for compromise on bigotry here, not for an inch. Until that's your jam, the answer is simply:

No. 

My behaviour shows no growth? How funny, I could say the same about your admin team. Maybe if they'd get their head out of their asses and treat your players with some fucking respect now and again maybe they'd have some in return. Literally all I want, is to get better at the game.
I'm asking for how I can become a better player for Goon, not for just the admins, but for the players . I'm asking that from you, the admin's on how I be a better player, yet constantly I'm only treated with hostility and fury. At this point, i'm feeling hopeless. Space Station 13 is one of my favourite all-time games and being rejected out of the community, like this for simply saying a 6 letter word is stupid.

I should be saying "Get a life" but then again you could say that about me as well, were talking about two-dimensional space simulators, comfortability is a #1 priority for all especially for those I offended.

I feel like the Ban I received, took no prior thought. It was a mindless ban.

(11-09-2019, 10:05 PM)warcrimes Wrote:

No. 

Simply put, what in the holy fuck can I even do to show my growth and my comprehension? I've never asked for compromise, yet you quote it like I said it.

Again putting it simply do not put words in my mouth.
Nobody put words in your mouth but you.
I said 31 days, not 5.
That's the first step to showing the growth you desperately want to show.

You follow the rules as they are written.
You follow our instructions as they are given.
Your 31 days starts now. That means I don't want to see your appeal until the 17th of December, at 11h41 of your local time.

Give some serious thought to the intention of our bigotry rules.
Think about what words mean, historical context, and the way speech has been used to harm and distress people for hundreds of years.
Do some independant research on bigotry and social customs online. Think about how you can make Goonstation better, instead of trying to convince them to "get their head out of their asses".

Bye!~