Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
SS13 infinite (gamemode idea).
Alright, so I've been entertaining this idea for a while now, and people have been discussing it in the discord a little bit. so, I guess here it is.

Pastebin I used while I was throwing ideas at a wall:
https://pastebin.com/xWhn4ckm

(note: concepts may be outdated now)

Perhaps a google doc would have been more fitting. oh well.
i might make one if it turns out people have a lot of ideas regarding this topic.
This idea was commonly proposed on the server I used to frequent, and, while that's not per se a point against it, I think there's a reason it's not a staple of SS13.
If it was a hard sell on a station where rounds routinely ran to two hours, I cannot imagine it being well-received on Goon's main server, where players get tetchy if the shuttle is not called after the 60 minute-mark.

I think this would probably go the way of TG's overt extended mode, in which the crew was informed, about five minutes in, that there would be no threats to the station. Naturally, this led to the station being wrecked beyond repair.
Having been around for a while and seen my fair share of shit on Goon, this particular idea would crack, crumble, and break.

The biggest problem that comes to my mind is something that happened in either late 2016 or early-mid 2017, where someone set off enough canbombs on Cog 2 to completely fucking annihilate the map, almost no one survived, and absolutely none of the station survived excluding some extremely bomb proof things. This led to no being able to call the shuttle for almost 20 minutes until someone finally finished gathering the required stuff to call it. If this could happen on Cog 2 in a normal round, it most definitely occur in this, and it would be an absolute fucking nightmare, and probably require admin intervention to fix. Also, RP server makes a half-decent example of how fast people can get bored and create conflict with nothing to really do and no antags.
(11-04-2019, 07:32 PM)Drago156 Wrote: The biggest problem that comes to my mind is something that happened in either late 2016 or early-mid 2017, where someone set off enough canbombs on Cog 2 to completely fucking annihilate the map, almost no one survived, and absolutely none of the station survived excluding some extremely bomb proof things. This led to no being able to call the shuttle for almost 20 minutes until someone finally finished gathering the required stuff to call it.
If I may play devil's advocate, this could easily be fixed by doing what some other codebases do, and auto-calling the shuttle upon destruction of the last communication console. That said, players would obviously abuse this to get the shuttle called, for the simple reason that few want a round that lasts longer than an hour.