HoS Application: Vaughn Moon
Usual character name: Vaughn Moon
BYOND username: CaptainBravo (not the underscore guy)
Discord username (if you are on our discord): it me, efrem
Recommended by (if applicable): Nope
Goon servers you play: #2

Reason for application:

I am one of the people who's usually playing Security into the dead of the night due to my timezone, where I'll usually have maybe one other officer to help. I'm actually working on this right now instead of being the lone Sec Officer on oh no lidge .  I think there are already enough people willing to infinitely put up with shenanigans and I intend to draw a harder line when around as HoS. I would like to take my place with all the people I remember from Donut and Mushroom who were so good you pretty much had to be stealth traitoring if they were around, and be the final boss of late night low-pop.

Security experience (300 word minimum):

I started playing Security in 2011 on Donut 2. I don't even remember if I had a set character name but back then the entire crew was never on your side, would interfere in every arrest, and was in general, awful to deal with even when you were actually doing a good job. It didn't matter if you were giving people due process, not bucklecuffing anyone to beds (this was permanent!), not stealing their headsets, and not harmbatoning them half to death etc. etc., because the crew wanted you dead for being Security anyways.

The crew is generally a lot better now and I enjoy yelling at them for stupid things and can usually pretend to be an oblivious moron in front of someone who has a weapon in their hand without them trying to bash my head in, which is nice. When I play Security now, I try to limit my intelligence level in the first 10 to 20 minutes to somewhere between Fighter from 8-bit Theater and Officer Barbrady from South Park, or possibly for longer if whatever’s going on is funny enough.

I don’t have any compulsions against maiming or killing a traitor that I’ve already caught and released once, though I generally try to give people more than two chances if I’m not playing Sec alone. I also like to give people a sporting chance if I’m feeling really robust, and will frequently leave one or more of my severed limbs unattached/leave bullets or shrapnel lodged in my chest/not get my leg that is now inexplicably kicking me in the head every 20 seconds replaced on purpose to make things more challenging for myself. If I’m feeling really cheeky or just don’t care that someone will probably get freed, I will drag them behind me instead of grabbing them close to bring them in.

My weaknesses as an officer are that I often bite off more than I can chew and occasionally ignore things that are immediately hazardous to my health (see: above). I also play a deaf character as a holdover from when I played a deaf, mute character, which means I need to pull out my PDA to send messages to the rest of the Security team. Also I got a bad habit of bungling my attempts to bring in two people at once, which usually ends with me/other people dying or missing half of our limbs (again, see above). Despite all of this I think I usually do a good job of keeping the round fun and balanced and not spiraling out of control (if I feel like it) and would like to try being the ultimate source of justice please.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
Keep your intent on disarm during and immediately prior to combat until it's time to give someone a Pulp Fiction style plugging with phasers or haul them off to jail. Set up the damn portaflashes on high-pop. You don't have to report everything; if someone is obviously new and you have other officers, you can ignore little things like catching someone post-mindslave shaking their thrall up off the ground and the round won't be ruined, I promise. Be stricter when people are more unruly and unwilling to talk, you won't get any leeway back because you took it easy on them. Check the wiki homepage or "who" verb or "Lobby" tab and have a ballpark estimate of how many antags will probably spawn for the current population; this should be giving you your baseline for how hard you need to roll to keep things under control without flat-lining the round.

Also bring a flash as a backup weapon and have enough handcuffs for every person in the room.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
Rushed a wizard who was hiding behind the floor flushers and some golems in the brig and got cuffs on him despite not having any legs and him still having his staff.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
Put some real medicine in the Manta Security section please. If it's already there, nobody ever manages to locate it (especially me). This is the one minor annoyance that stops me from being fully effective on my favorite map because I have to constantly detour to Medbay. Do something to tasers to give them more oomph on high-pop.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
I try to take it easy and make mostly low-key breaking and entering or jailbird arrests if Security has more than two officers. I communicate a lot more with my PDA if I only have one other officer or just the Detective to work with. If I'm alone, my focus is mostly on staying out of anything's way until people are screaming out reports, and then on bringing who or whatever in.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
Brain damage and poo
Why do we play this shit game?
. . . What was the question?

Get down on the ground
You are under arrest, nerd
For being too wide

每天到真夜
警察总忙东忙起
把人打死了
  • Draw a picture!
[Image: WQ4SNpn.png]

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

one time wonk banned me because i was the first person to answer in OOC after he said the first person to answer in OOC would get banned and i didn't even get a cool note to prove it  frown
One of the most fun officers to play with and against. Deffo a yes from me.
Yes, definitely an attentive and fun officer and would do much good with the beret!

+1
Quote:I would like to take my place with all the people I remember from Donut and Mushroom who were so good you pretty much had to be stealth traitoring if they were around, and be the final boss of late night low-pop.
Enter the R.O.B.U.S.T.E.R club. You've had long enough, I think.

But seriously, you were here when I arrived which was a long long time ago, so if you haven't learned how to be a good security officer by now, I have little faith in anyone else.

A strong yes from me.
Vaughn is a very funny character and a good sec officer. They'd make a good HoS.
Yeah, definitely a +1, Vaughn knows how to be fun and when to buckle down and get serious as well.
Will be a model HoS
Always a trustworthy teammate and worthy opponent would make a fine HoS +1
I have not been able to play for almost two years now but I do distinctly remembering efrem being a great officer and great to play with in general.

I vote yes.
Officer Moon is wonderful and utterly deserving of the beret!
I've had generally good experiences with Vaughn, that's a +1 from me.
Would make rounds more fun and security more competent. +1
Enjoy the hat