Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor forklifts protect from radiation during a radstorm
If you're in a forklift during a radstorm, you don't get irradiated from driving around in unprotected areas. Seems like a cheap way to protect yourself from radstorms.
This goes with a lot of things (like being inside a locker or a pod). The forklift shouldn't actually protect you from this as you're clearly very exposed so it's simply the most egregious case.
Forklifts are generally rather OP. If memory serves me, they can also be used to survive gas attacks.
Is the same thing true for all vehicles?
It could be the space age technology at work, but is more likely a bug.
Someone should test this with segways. That'd be even more silly!
ALL Vehicles are SAFE during Rad storms- and I'm fairly sure this applies to other things that contain players- like Closets and Disposal chutes.
Well, I think vehicles shouldn't protect from radiation (except for space pods and subs because they seem like they could plausibly be radiation-proof), because it presents a cheap way to get around the station during a radstorm for nerds who constantly rush the forklift or other vehicles for this exact purpose. (Or for being able to be immune to projectiles or chemicals while on the vehicle, which is another issue in itself.)
IIRC this is really hard to fix, since when you're inside a vehicle you're technically inside a container, which are all rad-proof
maybe a coder can comment, but there's a huge amount of stuff that has weird behavior because of this so I personally don't see this changing
The Battle Royale BATTLE STORMS can hurt people in vehicles, lockers, etc. that aren't in the designated safe zones, so it's definitely possible to make the regular rad storms bypass these things. That said, building on what Triacontakai bought up, there might be some crazy coder DMmagic behind that stuff, so I'm not sure how viable that is.
I seem to recall BATTLE STORMS being pretty buggy w/r/t who gets hurt and where.

Also if vehicles stop protecting against radstorms then you're no longer immune to them in skate nirvana and that's just wrong.