Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Goonstation Monthly Contest: November Edition!
Yes, pali6, I'd say these do look better now. bee

The shelterbee looks better now; I think you managed to avoid making it too dark even for the matte and being too bright and garish. Kinda looks like it has three or four wings now though, and I swear it's not my eyes. Maybe try making the left wing a little taller (heh). To illustrate what I'm talking about, here's my attempt at heightening it.

The pentacle sure looks a lot more spooky now that it's in a brighter color. I didn't notice these before, but I see you also brightened the scratch marks--sinister, and a very nice touch.

It's alright if you're not in the mood to redo the LGBT records.

The new AI sleeve is an improvement. I still think it needs something, but I still don't know what it is, but if it were added into the game right now, I'd be fine with it. I'll explain...

(11-29-2019, 03:01 PM)pali6 Wrote: ….at that point it almost didn't look like a sleeve but more as an actual non-flat AI so I removed most of that...

I felt the same way when I was trying to draw an AI sleeve myself basing off of your design. No matter what I tried to add to it, it still ended up looking like it was copy and pasted from an actual AI sprite, which wasn't what I wanted. In fact, the version I was most satisfied with just had the AI's face, with just the blue and no grey.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goonstation Monthly Contest: November Edition! - by Studenterhue - 11-29-2019, 04:37 PM