Poll: Should ghostdrone be a job?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
60.00%
12 60.00%
No.
40.00%
8 40.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Ghostdrone quality of life improvements + 1 bug report
I'm a weirdo who likes to spend the entire round as a ghostdrone. During this time I've stumbled across a few issues and annoyances:
  • Currently the only way to start a round as a ghostdrone is to join as an observer and add yourself to the queue. This excludes them from end of round rewards and possibly other things. I think it would be nice to have ghostdrone as a selectable job.
  • Give ghostdrones a toggleable option to have doors operate as if human i.e. they block you and open automatically if you have access. This will make dragging things across the station much easier.
  • For gods sake, give ghostdrones chemistry access. That place blows up at least twice a round and I can never get air canisters in there.
  • Hacking doors is glitchy. Pulsing with the omnitool doesn't work properly and window spam can occur. Unsure how to reproduce consistently, but it seems to be related to lag.
I voted yes. There's literally nothing wrong with someone who wants to start as a ghostdrone, and would prevent that weirdo immediately suiciding at roundstart to become one. To provide you with a small example, sometimes I'm on the laptop, in bed, my mousepad far away and i'm not arsed investing myself in the game. A ghostdrone provides a low risk:low reward element where it doesn't matter how well your doing or how quickly your doing it, by fixing stuff you're making a small but positive impact on the round. And if you die, it don't matter either!

There might be a point to be made that this might cause players just to spawn in as ghost drones constantly, but we're talking about a handful of players at most who do this, so it's fairly moot.

In terms of your other points

Quote:Give ghostdrones a toggleable option to have doors operate as if human i.e. they block you and open automatically if you have access. This will make dragging things across the station much easier.

Does clicking with the door (i.e: something that doesn't interact directly with the door such as a screwdriver/crowbar/multitool/etc), let's say a torch, does this not open the door? Or does the door just completely ignore you no matter how you interact with it? I recall you can just smack the door, unless this has been changed.

Quote:For gods sake, give ghostdrones chemistry access. That place blows up at least twice a round and I can never get air canisters in there.

I don't see why not. Personally, I'd like to see ghostdrones being able to send requests directly to the AI (also alerting other ghost drones) in the form of alerts. Basically anything that involves the structure of the ship such as Fire Alert, Breach Alert, Malfunction Alert and of course.. Door Alert. The AI could communicate directly with the ghost drones too (machinetalk is probably the best way to do this) but the ghost drones can only really fart out alerts. For hilarity, follow the clown while announcing Malfunction Alert. This is a complete tangential suggestion, but it was one that was raised before.

The window spam bug is as old as time, i'm afraid.
I've had no issues manually toggling doors as ghost drone o.O
As long as ghostdrone job is disabled on ass day, I agree with it.

I don't have any issue with the rest.
(11-01-2019, 05:48 AM)Sundance Wrote: Does clicking with the door (i.e: something that doesn't interact directly with the door such as a screwdriver/crowbar/multitool/etc), let's say a torch, does this not open the door? Or does the door just completely ignore you no matter how you interact with it? I recall you can just smack the door, unless this has been changed.

Clicking the door does open it, my reason for requesting this is that currently ghostdrones can pass through doors without opening them, which is fine, unless you're trying to pull an air canister to a recently sealed breach, in which case you have to open the door for the canister and manually opening every door quickly becomes tedious.