Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make the Blob's Ability Buttons 32X32 Rectangles
As anyone who's played blob knows, the role requires a fair deal of clicking. As such, it's terribly inconvenient to attempt to click on an ability, only to narrowly miss and teleport your eye to a turf on the edge of your screen. This happens because the buttons are 28X28 octagons, with a sliver of space between each of them. It would be a simple but considerable QOL improvement were they resprited as 32X32 rectangles. Alas, I cannot sprite to save my life, and am therefore left at the mercy of someone with a modicum of artistic talent.
Please, please, please do this. It'd fix one of the most aggravating aspects of blob.
Spriting buttons are kind of my thing, but i'd be concerned by changing the actual sprite significantly may cause confusion ("why does my absorb button look like...this?") and actually do the opposite to making blob's lyfe better.

I think blob buttons are on the 2016 code AFAIK. If I make these square, I'll keep the original design and just make a thicc blobby square border instead. Sound reasonable?
(10-31-2019, 07:51 AM)Sundance Wrote: Spriting buttons are kind of my thing, but i'd be concerned by changing the actual sprite significantly may cause confusion ("why does my absorb button look like...this?") and actually do the opposite to making blob's lyfe better.

I think blob buttons are on the 2016 code AFAIK. If I make these square, I'll keep the original design and just make a thicc blobby square border instead. Sound reasonable?
Sound good, just rid us of these damned gaps!
(10-31-2019, 07:51 AM)Sundance Wrote: Spriting buttons are kind of my thing, but i'd be concerned by changing the actual sprite significantly may cause confusion ("why does my absorb button look like...this?") and actually do the opposite to making blob's lyfe better.

This is more or less what I had in mind; I just assumed that they'd need scaling up. And yeah, they're in the 2016 release.
Yes please, this is the main reason I don't like playing blob