Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Engineering Cyborg Love
Hey there. I play a bit of cyborg when I'm either not a traitor or not on security and I would say that the module I find myself most using is Engineering - I enjoy being able to repair, maintain the station and make life a bit easier on the crew. However, I do find myself constantly running into one very specific problem: Broken light tubes. Currently, cyborgs are unable to replace light-tubes, as they do not possess any in their engineering kits.

While there are definitely a few unsung heroes that respond to the request of light-tube repairs for our silicon friends, a lot of the time the room/hallway is left in the dark for the remainder of the shift because the call-out for assistance is either forgotten about, missed, or outright ignored. I think this would be a pretty neat suggestion as it would allow for cyborgs to better serve mankind. I'm also sure the chem-nerds and our lovely medbay doctors would appreciate it a lot.
A lightbulb replacement tool was one of my suggestions for the Big Borg Rework. I never got around to spriting it, but it would work very simply by clicking the bulb fixture to insert the bulb (dropping the previous one on the floor like current code, or not if the bulb is simply broken), and by clicking inhand to switch between bulb and tube mode.

No need for it to work off mats imo, as it's a trivial tool. Working off power, however minimal, may be a better approach.

If I sprite it, can it be coded? Borg code is supposedly hell.