Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
suggustions to make gang more fun
Quote:Sundance
Quote:Forcing gang members to wear their uniform puts them in danger ALL the time whenever they are not with their gang. Even if they are with their gang things can easily turn on them and they're obviously marked and easy to be killed by anyone.

This is where we disagree the most. Being in a gang by virtue of the fact that it is a gang should be dangerous and you should watch your back, both from disgruntled civilians, salty vigilantes, gung-ho security and of course, other gangs. You need to stay together as a gang, it's in the name. You should not be given free reign to waltz over the station (on your own accord) and commit your crimes, it's really not what the mode should be about. 

If you're killed by anyone - so what? I would avoid security killing them as that's really against the grain of what security should do (rather aim to mitigate the the loss of civilian life and blacklist the gangs that do this and/or damage the station). 
The killing of a gang member on the other hand, by staying together in turn should give other gang members names of who to kill and in create their own blacklists or hits. This in turn would perpetuate a cycle of revenge killings which while is shitty IRL - is actually pretty neato for this mode.

I think Kyle has found a fairly decent middle ground. One of the problems I've had with gang, even the previous iteration, is that sometimes security goes nuts as far as valid hunting goes, and when you're the target gang it feels pretty crappy. Now that gang members are more visible and get actual weapons I think security gets a lot more scared and (appropriately for dudes with guns and katanas) reacts more harshly. Stuff like bad locker placement gets punished really hard. In the one round I've gotten to play on new gang my gang was the most visible: owl suits/masks with a locker in the barber shop. We were intensely persecuted and murdered by the Captain and HoP, who printed e-guns. We had restricted our murdering to enemy gang members but being known antags was reason enough for validhunting. Being targeted by both rivals and sec is very rough. Laws that make gang members non-human seem like they'll be more common since they're definitely more enforceable. So I think gang members need the option to go underground. The locker itself ensures that gangs can never be fully invisible unless they forfeit the mode and their equipment.

Messages In This Thread
suggustions to make gang more fun - by hipBEE - 10-29-2019, 04:45 PM
RE: suggustions to make gang more fun - by OMJ - 11-05-2019, 07:07 AM
RE: suggustions to make gang more fun - by OMJ - 11-06-2019, 05:28 AM
RE: suggustions to make gang more fun - by Mouse - 11-06-2019, 05:02 PM
RE: suggustions to make gang more fun - by phyvo - 11-10-2019, 05:40 AM
RE: suggustions to make gang more fun - by Mouse - 11-13-2019, 04:38 AM