Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
suggustions to make gang more fun
gang isn't in a particularity good spot right now imo. I'm just going to sort of start a thread to throw suggestions on the wall.

my cool suggestion is that gang leaders should be able to pick what costume they have.  for example Hotdog gang

also something should be done to make gang members actually wear the costume.
Change how spray paint turf claiming works.

Instead of one tag per area, have it count towards which gang has the most tags. Also, having multiple gang tags of the same gang next to each other creates a mural, worth more points based on size.

Paint cans should have a limited amount of uses, but can be replenished back at the base.

Extra tasks for Gangs to compete to accomplish instead of just claiming a certain turf. Maybe there's a hit put out on a hapless crewman and whichever gang can bring their dead body back to their locker claims it.

Speaking of, Gang members should have some method of knowing where their base is at, and some kind of boost to their abilities when in proximity of it. More gang points could expand the range of those boosts.

Include gangs in other round modes. Will they fight the Ling, or will they try and recruit them? Who knows?
I like the "put out a hit" idea a lot with bounties, it's a bit like spy that, but with a team and for a goal. I've been wanting to add more tangible rewards to gangs. Items and buffs they can but from their locker for points. Of course this means major changes to how points are awarded.

Also, gangs members get the area name where their locker is in their join message in-chat. It's easy to miss, they should get something else to show them where their gang is.

Regarding spraying tags for turf control, I had an idea not fully fleshed out for changing that. The jist is: tags don't capture a whole area on their own, but capture a square around their origin point say, a 4 tile radius and gang members can see an overlay on those turfs telling them that their gang owns it. I think that this will lead to more natural and clear turf wars between gangs where you have to beat back the opposition to gain their turf instead of just sneakily spray a tag over their's.

And gangs get points over time for having turfs captured instead of just on round end. Every minute, the turfs are counted up and points are allocated to gangs accordingly. It should still work with the high value target that currently happens, where it will count ahich gangs has the most turfs in that area. These would tie into my above changes with the points, so gangs will want to defend and expand their turfs to gain more points to buy items and such with.

The main bit with the turfs that's holding me back is the technical stuff, but that will effect the gameplay too so I've held off. Not sure what turfs should change hands if you cover an enemy tag and there's another right next to it. Or if  you spray a tiny area boxed in by enemy turfs and then the enemy tags get destroyed by the janitor, does your territory expand automatically or just stay under the 4 radius size it was before? I don't know. I'll probably just choose whichever is easiest programatically.
Give em all weapons that spawn with the clothes and then we will see some FUN
Give them all paintball guns and turn gang into Splatoon's turf war mode. Gang v Janitor
Make gang members stronger as they earn Juice

you earn Juice by doing crimes

punch an officer, get Juice

do a drug, get Juice

break windows do crimes get J U I C E D

FUCKING the fucking SPOOKTOBER meter but individual to each gang

fill up the JUICE meter

spend juice as a gang for buffs and to beam in weapons and shit that'd be so coal
(10-30-2019, 12:51 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Make gang members stronger as they earn Juice

do a drug, get Juice

fill up the JUICE meter

spend juice as a gang for buffs and to beam in weapons and shit that'd be so coal

time for crime bar :P
(10-30-2019, 12:51 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Make gang members stronger as they earn Juice

do a drug, get Juice

fill up the JUICE meter

GIMME THAT JUICE, BBY, JUICE ME UP SO GOOD.
give all of the gang members Summon Gang Weapon, Summon Gang Drug, etc. abilities

have the abilities change in power as the gang collects more juice

[Image: Screenshot_20191030-140924_Discord.jpg]

at 2 stars, Summon Gang Weapon might give you a nail bat

at 5 stars, it might give you an uzi or a classic gang style tommy gun (literal, not the wisaeu one)

edit: RE potential for snowballing,

I think that if ghosts are any indication, it's going to be very difficult to corral gang members into saving their points rather than spending them instantly, so that just means that organized gangs have a better shot at the better prizes rather than necessarily the deadliest gangs

it also depends a lot on how juice ends up being earned
+1 juice for urs idea
(10-30-2019, 01:13 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: I think that if ghosts are any indication, it's going to be very difficult to corral gang members into saving their points rather than spending them instantly, so that just means that organized gangs have a better shot at the better prizes rather than necessarily the deadliest gangs

i think a key issue with the spookometer is the comparative lack of understanding for a somewhat slow system, alongside the sheer volume of ghosts. Three or four gang members can probably easily co-operate to rush guns as fast as possible, especially since projectile firearms are actually a pretty damn rare treat on goon.

i like the idea of gang weapons, but i imagine we'd be best off ensuring the power progression stays fairly aligned with gangs' average round time, it would make sense if all of the gangs got guns around the same time, but the best gangs get their hand at picking more stylish, fun weaponry.

additionally, guaranteeing that guns come into play at some point late in every gang round would make it more consistent for non-gang members too, but gives them time to prepare (and less time dead if they don't). only time will tell if gang guns will get annoying or simply make gang rounds a more atmospheric chaotic mess.
i'd say giving gangs rolling objectives would be a good idea
The main thing about gang is how there are multiple competing gangs, and adding new guns doesn't really help showcase that. Add a way for the violence to be between gangs and not gangs v civilians
(11-05-2019, 09:58 AM)MagicStudiosGuy Wrote: The main thing about gang is how there are multiple competing gangs, and adding new guns doesn't really help showcase that. Add a way for the violence to be between gangs and not gangs v civilians

well, i'd say shiny new guns and toys are a good incentive for completing gang objectives, which are gang versus gang violence, just nobody really does them over gang gimmicks because the incentive to do them right now is 'it says you win at the end'
(11-05-2019, 09:58 AM)MagicStudiosGuy Wrote: The main thing about gang is how there are multiple competing gangs, and adding new guns doesn't really help showcase that. Add a way for the violence to be between gangs and not gangs v civilians

This please, gang members too often would attack non gang members and do other antag shit to them back when they weren't given antag status and now that they do it feels they have LESS reason to fight just other gangs and MORE reason to be an actual full antag. A sign up antag shouldn't be available to everyone for them to do whatever with, and gangs shouldn't be mass murdering anyone who they feel like killing.