Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
suggustions to make gang more fun
(11-05-2019, 11:33 AM)Drago156 Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 09:58 AM)MagicStudiosGuy Wrote: The main thing about gang is how there are multiple competing gangs, and adding new guns doesn't really help showcase that. Add a way for the violence to be between gangs and not gangs v civilians

This please, gang members too often would attack non gang members and do other antag shit to them back when they weren't given antag status and now that they do it feels they have LESS reason to fight just other gangs and MORE reason to be an actual full antag. A sign up antag shouldn't be available to everyone for them to do whatever with, and gangs shouldn't be mass murdering anyone who they feel like killing.

In fairness, the prospect of being murdered by gangsters is a pretty good incentive to join a gang.
why not make the gang area capture mechanic a scary looking teleport marker, it teleports in, then the kingpin announces it as something like 'surplus kit', then after a couple of minutes a giant wooden crate warps in, too heavy to move.

instead of just being a 'grab and run mechanic', and to make it more distinct it's a giant crate with gang insignia that the gang has to hit repeatedly for a little while to break.

regular crewmembers both have an obvious 'this place is about to get messy' marker to avoid being in the crossfire, plus get some variation of 'your mom/dad taught you better than to touch the dangerous looking box!' if they attempt to hit it

to make early rushing more valuable than waiting (and reduce the tedium of hitting said box), it could let loose a couple 'stocking stuffer' goodies (weapons, stim drugs, medical patches, jewellery) as it crumbles. Once it finally shatters it spills a big pile with some goodies and more valuable stuff, all of which scales with length into the round.

snowballing would be a thing still, but i also imagine gangs too preoccupied with guarding and breaking crates would be less active with their territories...
I kinda feel gang members should be forced/enforced to wear their gang clothes again - a lot of times you have gang members simply behaving as stealth antags that are loosely connected via the gang radio channel.

It lacks the oomph of camaraderie and constant boasting about your crew that the first few iterations of gang had.
Gang uniforms definitely need to be enforced. If you're trying to take out a rival gang in the current gang mode, it's often difficult to tell who's gang and who's not which leads to gangs attacking non-gang crew on accident because they were near a control point.
(11-05-2019, 04:59 PM)Zafhset Wrote: I kinda feel gang members should be forced/enforced to wear their gang clothes again - a lot of times you have gang members simply behaving as stealth antags that are loosely connected via the gang radio channel.

It lacks the oomph of camaraderie and constant boasting about your crew that the first few iterations of gang had.

Retweet
(11-06-2019, 05:28 AM)OMJ Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 04:59 PM)Zafhset Wrote: I kinda feel gang members should be forced/enforced to wear their gang clothes again - a lot of times you have gang members simply behaving as stealth antags that are loosely connected via the gang radio channel.

Retweet

+2
(11-05-2019, 02:53 PM)Urlance Woolsbane Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 11:33 AM)Drago156 Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 09:58 AM)MagicStudiosGuy Wrote: The main thing about gang is how there are multiple competing gangs, and adding new guns doesn't really help showcase that. Add a way for the violence to be between gangs and not gangs v civilians

This please, gang members too often would attack non gang members and do other antag shit to them back when they weren't given antag status and now that they do it feels they have LESS reason to fight just other gangs and MORE reason to be an actual full antag. A sign up antag shouldn't be available to everyone for them to do whatever with, and gangs shouldn't be mass murdering anyone who they feel like killing.

In fairness, the prospect of being murdered by gangsters is a pretty good incentive to join a gang.

I'd say quite the opposite, if I'm wanting to do something and get killed by a gang member while doing it on my own time and away from everyone else simply because that person feels like being an antag, it makes me just want gang mode to no happen at all. And I've had this experience before! Equally so, Heads of Staff should not be allowed to join a gang.
Heads of Staff should definitely be unable to join a gang. Lore wise, they're in important positions because they're trusted not to do stupid bullshit and to try to keep their people doing their jobs, and gameplay wise it almost always means a gang has easy access to a fourth of the station from one person that no one else will replicate.
Heads of staff, as well as the detective and security are unable to join gangs. With the sole exception if they are selected as a gang leader due to low population and no other candidates.

I disagree that gangers should be forced to wear their outfits, only strongly encouraged. To that end, with my new gang changes, they'll get stamina and health buffs while wearing their complete uniform.
(11-06-2019, 10:22 AM)kyle2143 Wrote: Heads of staff, as well as the detective and security are unable to join gangs. With the sole exception if they are selected as a gang leader due to low population and no other candidates.

Is that a change you made?  Because the detective could definitely join a gang before.
(11-06-2019, 09:35 AM)Drago156 Wrote: I'd say quite the opposite, if I'm wanting to do something and get killed by a gang member while doing it on my own time and away from everyone else simply because that person feels like being an antag, it makes me just want gang mode to no happen at all. And I've had this experience before! Equally so, Heads of Staff should not be allowed to join a gang.

Random, sudden death is just part and parcel of SS13, in my experience; a changeling or vampire would just as readily ruin your round.  Now, I understand that a roving horde of homicidal crew-members is obviously more troublesome than a few select antagonists, but it's a problem of quantity, not quality.

I suppose Gang could get the same fix Revolution recently got, in which getting pummeled into crit converts you to the cause, but that would probably run contrary to the spirit of the mode.
Snapping your fingers when you're in a gang should make any other fellow gang members nearby snap their fingers in unison.

Same with *dance
(11-06-2019, 05:07 PM)Urlance Woolsbane Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 09:35 AM)Drago156 Wrote: I'd say quite the opposite, if I'm wanting to do something and get killed by a gang member while doing it on my own time and away from everyone else simply because that person feels like being an antag, it makes me just want gang mode to no happen at all. And I've had this experience before! Equally so, Heads of Staff should not be allowed to join a gang.

Random, sudden death is just part and parcel of SS13, in my experience; a changeling or vampire would just as readily ruin your round.  Now, I understand that a roving horde of homicidal crew-members is obviously more troublesome than a few select antagonists, but it's a problem of quantity, not quality.

I suppose Gang could get the same fix Revolution recently got, in which getting pummeled into crit converts you to the cause, but that would probably run contrary to the spirit of the mode.

My problem is when some random head gang member that's also RD decides to intrude on fucking Toxins, take a signaller off of one of my bombs, and then signal it and blow up all of Toxins and myself for absolutely no reason instead of actually playing towards their gang... Gangs should have absolutely no reason to be going out of their way to ruin someone's round for no reason. They should be focused more on being a gang member than a fucking mass murderer or terrorist.
(11-06-2019, 10:22 AM)kyle2143 Wrote: Heads of staff, as well as the detective and security are unable to join gangs. With the sole exception if they are selected as a gang leader due to low population and no other candidates.

I disagree that gangers should be forced to wear their outfits, only strongly encouraged. To that end, with my new gang changes, they'll get stamina and health buffs while wearing their complete uniform.

I'm not sure if encouragement is the best route to take here, as you're inherently buffing gangs against security by raising their stamina, less so their health. I would suggest bullet proof clothing instead if this buff doesn't go as intended, the reason is obvious.

I know you feel gang clothing shouldn't be forced, but I might suggest at least one article of clothing be forced on them, not to stop stealth antaging, but gang V gang violence would be committed with more confidence if you know for a fact that the target is gang, maybe not from the immediate view as the player enters your vision - but upon observation.
Yeah... I don't think gang members need to receive any buffs from wearing gang uniforms except maybe some resistances. Stamina and HP probably aren't the way to go. I think having to wear at least one piece would be good.