Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sassafras tree mutation (root beer and ecstasy)
My idea is simply this: Sassafras trees are harvested in real life for two major things, Safrole and for the flavoring of root beer. So if there was a tree mutation for a sassafras tree, when harvested it could produce sassafras root, that when distilled in a keg to produce root beer, or extracted via a reagent extractor produces safrole.

Safrole is special because it is the primary ingredient in MDMA or ecstasy.
I don't know how to make ecstasy IRL and I'm not willing to dig too deep into it, but with a basic search I learned that MDMA is normally crystalized by mixing it with hydrochloric acid and isopropyl alcohol, so maybe in our system it could be Safrole mixed with hydrochloric acid and ethanol to make ecstasy.

or if ecstasy it too similar to space drugs (or if space drugs is literally just ecstasy to begin with) maybe just make the root extract into space drugs.
get somebody to sprite it and I'll code it
I think that MDMA/ecstasy should be a new chem that causes spontaneous dancing smile
(10-31-2019, 10:42 AM)Recusor Wrote: I think that MDMA/ecstasy should be a new chem that causes spontaneous dancing smile

And death from dehydration when they overdose.
I threw some sprites together for it since someone asked.

its four stages are, sprout, full tree, full tree w/ larger roots, dead.

I had the fourth stage be with protruding roots since its the roots that get harvested not the whole tree.

Here's a link to the dmi
(11-01-2019, 10:53 AM)Ryguy Wrote: I threw some sprites together for it since someone asked.

I had the fourth stage be with protruding roots since its the roots that get harvested not the whole tree.

Here's a link to the dmi

do you have a sprite for the harvested roots?
(11-01-2019, 12:48 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 10:53 AM)Ryguy Wrote: I threw some sprites together for it since someone asked.

Here's a link to the dmi

do you have a sprite for the harvested roots?

yeah right here
i return
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid...#pid141680