Poll: What should the Medical Director job be called?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Chief of Medicine
17.76%
19 17.76%
Head Doctor
5.61%
6 5.61%
Chief Medical Officer
32.71%
35 32.71%
Head Surgeon
10.28%
11 10.28%
Chief of Surgery
2.80%
3 2.80%
Head Medical Officer
11.21%
12 11.21%
Medical Director (no change)
19.63%
21 19.63%
Total 107 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New name for the Medical Director
I'm having a vote to guage feelings on a new name for the Medical Director. Persobally i think it can be confusing since both the Director and Medical Doctor have the same acronym, "MD".

List of suggested names:

Chief of Medicine
Chief Medical Officer
Chief of Surgery
Head Doctor
Head Surgeon
Head Medical Officer
What about Director of Medicine? Still keeps director in the name and sounds kinda cooler and less akward than the suggestions given IMO.
Medical Doctor could simply be shortened to Doctor.

I don't think it would cause any confusion...probably.
I was going to suggest chief physician but uhh I don't like the abbreviation for that. I'd go for Chief of Medicine though because thats the actual name of the chief of hospitals, well that and chief physician but yeah.
I know its not on the list, but I also like Director of Medicine, which would likely be the easiest to adjust to should the title be changed.
One one had I agree we should change it. on the other I disagree changing it in a way. Since it's funny considering the "MD" isn't any speical all the other MDs.
(10-27-2019, 11:55 AM)Drago156 Wrote: What about Director of Medicine? Still keeps director in the name and sounds kinda cooler and less akward than the suggestions given IMO.

dom for short
(10-29-2019, 04:38 PM)Adhara In Space Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 11:55 AM)Drago156 Wrote: What about Director of Medicine? Still keeps director in the name and sounds kinda cooler and less akward than the suggestions given IMO.

dom for short

With his new assistant, the Surgical Undertakement Backer?
Vice Medicine.