Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
goon rp is pretty much empty
so I wanted to play on my favorite ss13 server after 2 months and a ban appeal but now the servers empty and I've got no clue why it was popping off two months ago
That's just how it is sadly. People don't want to join the server if it's empty, which leads to people not joining the server.

It's a pretty shitty cycle.
It's a shame for sure, but people are more likely to join in if there's at least one person around. Another good option is to ask in the Roleplay section of the Goonstation Discord if some people want to hop on.
I would but in the affirmation appeal, I forgot to appeal for discord

However, it is nice to try and learn how to play niche roles with an empty server
I feel like the rp rules could use a little bit of extra specification giving people who roll antagonist the impetus to act antagonistic. The game sorta hinges on the relationship between antags and the rest of the crew, and I worry that one of the issues with the server might be that rolling antagonist is treated as "crewmember but with some powers and less applicable rules" rather than "directly antagonistic character who needs to create the driving force of the shift". Obviously this doesn't just mean antagonists need to go out and murder the hell out of the crew every round, but just that antagonistic acts beyond what could be excused as being a miscreant are necessary for the health of the server.
I like to look at antag rounds on rp as a chance to take the time to do a lot of set up work to do something big and announcing that can pull the crew together and cause some interaction