Poll: Should traitors get one free identity concealment item?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, fashion is a human right
100.00%
8 100.00%
No, fashion must come at a price
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fake mustache reskins for hiding your identity without hiding your face
The fake mustache currently fills a minor but important niche: hiding your character's name without actually concealing their face, perfect for running traitor gimmicks. However, sometimes you want this effect without making yourself look like a Saturday morning cartoon villain. I have come up with various other items that would carry the same effect as the fake mustache, but with a different aesthetic for different gimmicks.
  • Bandanna: for the wild desperado. Combine with a cowboy hat and revolver for best results.
  • Domino mask: for old-school crimers, looking to rob a bank or sneak into a well-guarded compound.
  • Masquerade mask: for the mysterious femme fatale or charming rouge.
  • Suspicious shades: round lenses, so they know you're a professional. A bit of a trade off compared to the others, cause while it can block flashes like regular sunglasses, going in the eye slot instead of the mask slot means you can't use it with a voice changer. Better keep your mouth shut.
Other ideas for non-concealing identity concealment are wanted!

I have a couple other ideas regarding these items, too: 
  1. to avoid making the traitor purchase list too confusing, these items would be in a separate "identity concealment" category instead of being mixed in with the other items.
  2. Additionally, to encourage them to be used more instead of just being relegated to gimmicks, traitors will be able to take one identity concealment item for free, with additional ones costing traitor credits. This shouldn't be a problem with balance, cause you can get the same effect with a gas mask anyway, and will allow traitors to add a bit of flair to their loadout of choice. Cause this change, unlike the others, actually effects balance, I am gonna make it a poll, for those who like the rest of the suggestion but don't like this part in particular.
I would say make the fake moustache customizable. I like each of those suggestions you have for masks and how about if we let people click on the moustache in hand and have a popup or have it cycle through each of those neat masks.
I second the use in hand for a pop up idea, I really like the thought of having more style choices present in game, and this would be a fun one. +1
Rename the moustache to something like "Identity Disguiser", make it free, give it the handheld box sprite that once clicked allows you to choose from any mask in the game to receive. That way traitors won't always have to always wear gas masks, oxygen masks, or clown masks when using the voice changer.