Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lawgiver doesn't work after cloning.
This might be working as intended, but if someone is cloned their DNA and fingerprints change, which means that HoSes who get killed and cloned can no longer switch modes on their lawgivers.
never knew cloning changed your DNA, seems pretty counter-intuitive. Is that intended?
Yeah, I'm not sure either. You mainly notice it if you try and use DNA activators from your on-file DNA after being cloned.
I suppose multiple clonings could lead to a break down of the clarity of your genetic code, what with making a copy of a copy
Considering how often people get cloned, I'm a bit surprised kyle didn't consider this when coding the gun. Then again, cloning changing your DNA seems a bit of a little known fact. I suppose you could bypass the issue by cloning from a disk.

Perhaps we can have it so swiping an ID (bit torn between having it be the Head of Security's or the original owner's) on the Lawgiver resets the lock, allowing clones to reclaim their gun? It'd open up some touching pass-the-torch moments too; imagine a dying HoS resetting their Lawgiver and handing it to their most trusted officer as their final act. More mundanely, a HoS could also just reset theirs so an officer can try it out.
While I love the idea of those passing-the-torch moments, I think being able to reset it with an ID means you can just kill/knockout the HoS for their ID and lawgiver and reset it yourself. That seems a bit too subversive of the point of the ID lock in the first place.

Why does cloning change your DNA anyways, especially if disk cloning doesn't?
Yeah, I had no idea that cloning changed your dna, or that disk cloning didn't. I'm not sure if that's a bug or intentional. But I like the idea of letting the HoS swipe his ID to reset the lock, I think that is good on a lot of levels.
(10-29-2019, 11:44 AM)kyle2143 Wrote: Yeah, I had no idea that cloning changed your dna, or that disk cloning didn't. I'm not sure if that's a bug or intentional. But I like the idea of letting the HoS swipe his ID to reset the lock, I think that is good on a lot of levels.

Maybe a generated codephrase they can say, like traitor upload unlocks? It could lock and unlock the gun, adding anyone that touches it to its user list while unlocked