Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyborg bugs
So I was trying to heal someone as a medical borg today, but they moved while I was analyzing them, and I accidentally clicked on the toolbox underneath them.

The game then told me that I had placed my health analyzer inside the toolbox. Also, the slot where it had previously shown an analyzer was now blank. Attempting to store and retrieve it did not work. Also, the two other tools I had out at the time, the healing stamps, became similarly bugged when I stored them. I went back to robotics, got my module reset, and I still couldn't access any of those three tools.

Also, I found out later in the round, that when a borg clicks on a secure locker, it will lock the locker. However, borgs cannot open that locker either. So when trying to drag the captain around in a genetics locker, I accidentally locked him inside.
If you empty a cyborgs pockets it sometimes lets you change their module.
2 bugs
so this one cyborg had his body badly damaged and yet trying to repair with the dock, welders, and cables said he was fine even though examining him showed that he was all dented and sparking and shit. So, to fix this, I built him a new body and took out his brain and put it in the new body. I left the old body's brain case open. Then he mentioned that had been mining and had a shitload of minerals stuck in his old body so I swapped him back so he could offload them. However, after putting his brain back in the old body again I could not remove it. I tried closing and reopening the brain case, swiping my ID, loads of things. Nothing worked. Then, later on, I put a new brain in the new body I'd made for him, and when it turned out to be braindead I couldn't remove it, either. The bug seems to be that if you open a borg's brain, take the brain out, then put in a new brain, the brain gets stuck. The window doesn't come up at all.

I have no idea what was up with the original body being unfixable, but it was.
TheRedScare Wrote:If you empty a cyborgs pockets it sometimes lets you change their module.

No, clicking ANYTHING on a borg's "looting" interface who doesn't have a module chosen yet will allow you to choose the module for it.
Marquesas Wrote:No, clicking ANYTHING on a borg's "looting" interface who doesn't have a module chosen yet will allow you to choose the module for it.
This also works as a ghost, allowing me to create a few brobots as test subjects.
If as a borg you use the reagent heater in chemistry to heat your beaker just one or two degrees (it's useful for certain recipes), the heater will be permanently unusable, and a message that a borg is already using it will show from then on.

Moving away from the heater or waiting won't fix this, that heater won't be usable by borgs again.
Clarks Wrote:If as a borg you use the reagent heater in chemistry to heat your beaker just one or two degrees (it's useful for certain recipes), the heater will be permanently unusable, and a message that a borg is already using it will show from then on.

Moving away from the heater or waiting won't fix this, that heater won't be usable by borgs again.

Also, even though the heater says "Target temperature (0-1000)", it doesn't accept 0 as a valid input (probably because it treats 0 as false), so the lowest value that will start cooling it is 1.
If you point-blank stun a borg they sometimes "fall down" and you can walk over them permantly.
Klayboxx Wrote:If you point-blank stun a borg they sometimes "fall down" and you can walk over them permantly.

This also happens (without fail) when beating it with an etank.
someone looking at cyborg chemistry so that stupidity like this:

You splash the solution onto Syringe.

doesn't happen would be appreciated. making synthflesh as a cyborg is like solving a rubix cube.
CaptainBravo Wrote:someone looking at cyborg chemistry so that stupidity like this:

doesn't happen would be appreciated. making synthflesh as a cyborg is like solving a rubix cube.
uh you're not supposed to be able to pour things into a fucking syringe
Dauntasa Wrote:
CaptainBravo Wrote:someone looking at cyborg chemistry so that stupidity like this:

it's almost like i wasn't trying to pour it into the syringe and was clicking on what looked(and claimed in the bottom left corner) to be nothing so i could switch to my syringe slot. #wow #woah
CaptainBravo Wrote:
Dauntasa Wrote:

it's almost like i wasn't trying to pour it into the syringe and was clicking on what looked(and claimed in the bottom left corner) to be nothing so i could switch to my syringe slot. #wow #woah

Quote:NOTE: The fact that you are stupid is not a bug.
Purdie Wrote:bile

being stupid has 0% of anything to do with the syringe "sprite" taking up way too much of the slot. go away.
Hit the "PgUp" key before you try to change modules. It will automatically turn off your current module, and prevent this from happening in the future. You're welcome.