Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legacy of the Werewolf Serum
As you probably guessed from the title, this post is about the werewolf serum.

for those that don't know what it is, it is a group of chemicals, that when combined together and purified, create a mixture that can temporarily turn you into a werewolf. At least, that's what it used to do. now, it creates the greatest lemonade on this side of the universe.

So, why was that changed? after all, there were a ton of difficulties making it. Such as:
-Difficult ingredients, requiring the usage of botany, science, medical, and extracting from discount dan

-Four "stages" of the chemical, each one a step closer to becoming proper werewolf serum, needing even MORE ingredients to progress them

-The mixture can only be made on a full moon, else it disappeared entirely

-the mixture, when ingested, only gave you a lycanthropy disease, which gave you two minutes of lupine fun after five minutes of waiting. furthermore, it left you with a dormant version of the disease afterward, limiting howlin' time to once per round.

how did people manage to abuse such a chemical so hard that its recipe was shredded and replaced with lemonade?

Additional info: Apparently the final impure stage of the werewolf serum turned you into George when ingested. if that was the only reason, then why not just make it not do that?

Essentially, i'm just looking for information about the history of the serum.
So... I'm pretty sure that WW Serum is a pretty secretive chem for a good reason, but IDK if I agree with the difficulty, especially for the first people who discovered it.

If you want some people who (I believe) have fully discovered the recipe way back when, Spyguy & Haine, and Noah Buttes.

Spyguy and Haine are both coders, so IDK how much you'll get from them, but you can find the latter, Noah Buttes or now known as Camryn, in the sol discord 2.0 if you absolutely seek to talk about them for the history. Those are the names that come to my mind on the topic of this, but there's probably a few more too.
It was never really 'abused', per se. As you've mentioned, the ridiculous amount of sheer tedium in assembling the mix and the fact it could only be made once in a while made it exceptionally impractical to run into the ground.

It's more that it was the ur-secret, the ultimate in chemnerdery with the most esoteric process of assembly. The "fun" was in discovering it, not actually using it. When the method behind making it was leaked, the recipe was changed cause that's de riguer for all leaked secret chems. The fact that the change made the chemical actually unable to be made was of little interest to the vast majority of players, since those who knew it knew that it was always too impractical to assemble from scratch on most rounds, and the rest of the playerbase didn't care.
yea its pretty much what roomba said

hi its me adhara, im a secret chem loser

like 70% of the fun of secret chems is discovering them and the thrill of the chase
(the other 20% is bragging about it and feeling superior to everyone, and 10% is use but that varies by chem)

i dont know for sure, but i know that most of what made werewolf serum special was that it was just a crazy recipe, sort of like an end goal for the chemnerds. the end effect was cool but really it was meant to be sort of like a trophy, you know? like, when you get a platinum trophy for getting all the achievements in a playstation game almost.

and yeah it lost all that allure when the recipe was leaked. all the secrets were kinda just tossed out there and shrug

anyways idk thats my take on it (bad take too since im adhara)

not every chem nerf has to do with being abused