Head of Security Application: Podrick Equus
Usual character name: (Lord/Sir) Buckethead, Peter Van Doorn
BYOND username: Podrick Equus
Discord username: Podrick Spookus#0134 (Or Podrick Equus#0134 after halloween)
Recommended by: N/A
Goon servers you play: Both, but the main one as of late.

Reason for application: I too would like to become the semi-competent shining beacon of justice. That, and one of my favorite things to do is be the HoS on the RP server on Fridays.

Security experience (300 word minimum): I've been playing as a Security Officer on and off for quite some time. It's one of the more fun jobs to roleplay, especially when the folks I interact with play along. I rather enjoy the small things a Security Officer can do while things are generally peaceful, such as walking around doing basic forensics upon seeing a minor crime, and tracking down the perpetrator in order to confront them and ticket/fine them.

As we all know, things can get a little chaotic once the antagonists start making noise. With Revolutionaries, I try to conscript a few loyalty implanted individuals armed with Flashes to help me find the head revs and take 'em out, or steal their rev flash at the very least. With Traitors, Spies, Wizards, Vampires, and Werewolves, I like to take the "Ask questions first, shoot later" policy, where I'll be amicable to them until they start committing crimes. I'd extend this policy to Changelings too, but their entire kit is built upon silently killing people, so it's kind of hard to let them "do their thing" without finding corpses in maintenance. Nuclear operatives are a different story, however. It's one of the more interesting feelings, throwing the doors of security open to everyone and handing out weapons like candy on Halloween.

I typically don't like to kill antagonists unless I'm forced to. They are the lifeblood that makes the round interesting, so I try not to go beyond a sentence in the brig and confiscation of weapons. If they play nice, I might "forget" to take their PDA, even. There's a certain level of trust that we as Security Officers should extend if possible to make the game more fun for everyone.

This all goes out the window if the antagonists have no intention of playing nice. Rampages are uncommon, but when they occur it is important to keep a cool head, and to coordinate with your fellow officers to try and take them down as a team rather than running in one by one. Flashbangs serve this tactic well against foes with highly lethal weaponry. It disorients them and makes it easier to land taser shots. By the time we've hopefully caught the rampager, there is usually an argument on whether to immediately execute them or brig them for a while. It depends upon the circumstances and the type of antagonist they are, really. I once buckle-cuffed a rampaging wizard to a chair outside of escape and let mob justice rule. I prefer to let their victims dole out the punishment if the perp's crime permits it.

I don't claim to be the best Security Officer. I get robusted like everyone else, sometimes more often than not due to my tendency to talk to crimers before trying to arrest them. However, I like to think that I have played the job enough that I have the responsibility to not abuse the privileges that the title of Head of Security grants.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players? It's okay to lose your cool, but don't take it out on the innocents. It's okay to make mistakes and arrest the wrong person, but try to make sure they are actually guilty before sentencing them.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? I had another security officer go undercover to become a drug dealer, and we set up a sting for people who wanted to buy drugs. Just like real life cops!
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players? I believe adding a few epi pens around the main security desk to stop heavily injured suspects from dying once you bring them back to sec would be nice.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer. When I'm in a team, I try to organize myself with the other officers so that each of us can be in a different place in case of an emergency, such as the security checkpoints on most maps. When I'm by myself, I try to help everyone so that if I get in trouble, hopefully one of them will come to my aid.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? I've always wanted to convince the rest of the security team to roleplay as medieval knights defending the integrity of the kingdom.
  • Draw a picture! 
     The "Insert an Image" button doesn't work for me.
Previous bans: None
Full disclosure, Buckethead commented on both of my apps, but I'll try to be as unbiased as I can. In general, he's very good at RP and fun to play with which I think is an important quality for a HoS to have, and mechanically I believe he's more qualified than I am. I have fairly limited experience with him in a security role, but he's been playing sec more often recently and, especially on Fridays, I've been able to see Peter Van Doorn perform pretty well. I'm confident that, with more experience, Buckethead will grow into a very good secoff with exactly what it takes for HoS, so I'm giving him my +1.
I've seen Peter as HoS on mentor HoS Friday on occasion, and I like what I've seen. +1
I cannot responibly give a +1 since I have not experienced Buckethead much, I am staying neutral with a positive attitude. I have seen Buckethead as Sec only once that I can remember, but that one time was good. Its was a very short interaction, but the little I remember was very pleasant but not spectacular. My reasoning for being neutral is simply due to not interacting with you enough to give an accurate answer
I like what I've seen, and I cannot recall any disqualifying behavior. plus one
I had forgotten to mention something. People asked me which do I prefer: The hat or beret?

Neither. They both suck. Officer Van Doorn prefers to show off his gorgeous locks of nonexistent hair.
+1.  Podriick is not only good at RP, he has a good knowledge base and conduct for resolving conflicts while still keeping things fun, which IMO is the key element for playing HoS.
Although I'm aghast and frightened at the prospect of a HOS not using the beret or hat, Pod is a solid security officer who knows what he's doing and isn't unfun to deal with. +1 from me.
Yes absolutely
A shoe in for HoS I'd say. Throw em the beret.
Podrick is fantastic in Medbay. I can confidently say that they are excellent at patching people up alongside a small handful of very experienced medical players and that would translate well to security. I have never ever had a negative interaction with Podrick in any capacity and I believe that they are one of the most benevolent players in the community. They are super helpful and a breath of fresh air when things start to go south!

That said, I have not really interacted with them playing security but I have no reason to believe that Podrick would turn the above on its head in a different job role.
This guy is an amazing AI which I think makes for a good HoS.  It shows you know how to follow rules.  I will fully endorse this person as a good mentor and probably a good HoS.
Played HoS a couple of times with Podrick, he's a reliable sec officer that communicates well and has good judgement. I would say give him the hat.
Buckethead is always one of the more fun people on the server and brings that as an Hos too, which is hard to do, but maintains a level of robustness required to efficiently do the job.

Plus 1 from this nerd
Only really experienced interactions in medbay:

they know their stuff
come across as friendly
communicate well

Which would translate well to sec I feel.

+1 from this borgo