Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unban Appeal- Banned by wonkmin
Who banned you?: Wonkmin
Byond Key: CyprianVal
Date of Ban: 8/18/19
Specified Reason for Ban:  Actual Nazi: https://imgur.com/a/VPlEjTW so not welcome on our server or in our community. 
Ban Length: Permanent.
What led to the ban? So essentially what I can explain is this: I was bad at playing (admittedly I was) and would just play my role poorly. I would basically grief because I didn't know what I was doing. I was punished for this several times and tried to evade the ban by making a new account. Now next I want to explain how the nazi thing came about. My friend on discord had the name of "2nd Amendment, Fed boi". They thought this was an odd name they investigated his steam account which was linked to his discord. They then saw he was part of a group The Real [REDACTED]. The image for the group had two german world war 2 soldiers, smiling on it and it said in it "Maybe the real [REDACTED] was the friends we made along the way". They then went into the group and saw another person in it (me) and this was my profile at the time https://imgur.com/a/VPlEjTW. They saw I had used the name on Goonstation and on my steam account. Wonkmin then proceeded to ban me for being an actual nazi which led to my first appeal which went nowhere and it was rejected. 
Why am I appealing? / Why should I be unbanned: To start off, I know it was edgy and I know it was bad, I'm not denying it. I wanted to wait a couple of months to let it cool down so I can show I've actually changed. I understand why I was being viewed as nazi because of my awful authoritarian security playstyle that broke the rules and ruined others' experiences. Accompanied with this was the discovery of my steam account that had nazi iconography. I want this to be known now, I am not a nazi. I know I messed up but I've changed. With these two months,I've really come to understand how I did so. I fully get how with the combination of my playstyle and steam account could absolutely lead someone to believe I'm a real nazi but I'm not. I simply didn't understand how to play the game with the added bit of edgy cringe from myself. I can see how this ban is justified but I'm no longer like I was when I was banned. I just want to be able to play on Goonstation and enjoy it and for others to enjoy it too. I can see how I ruined that for others but I'm now ready to change that and be a better player. For these reasons I stated above and a complete understanding of mistakes, I urge you to please unban me.
Which rule did you break? Griefing (several times), No bigotry and evasion.
Evasion Attempts: made a new account and tried to use a VPN.
Why have you redacted the group name?

You had Nazi iconagraphy, names and were part of a group called The Real Jew Hunters (or similar, I can't remember the exact wording).
(10-19-2019, 11:00 PM)Wonkmin Wrote: Why have you redacted the group name?

You had Nazi iconagraphy, names and were part of a group called The Real Jew Hunters (or similar, I can't remember the exact wording).

The name of the of group was "The Real [REDACTED]".
(10-19-2019, 11:00 PM)Wonkmin Wrote: Why have you redacted the group name?

Ok, I just want to get one thing clear though. The group name was part of an edgy meme that involved the picture of the group too. In the picture it had german soldiers smiling and at the bottom, it said: "The real [REDACTED] was the friends we made along the way." We had edited the picture from the original. The original said "The real Reich was the friends we made along the way." We edited the original so as not to offend people and get into trouble (it clearly was a bad idea either way).  

So that's why the group name was "The Real [Redacted]". 

Just a shitty, edgy, and cringe meme.
You were definitely in a Jew Hunters group.
(10-20-2019, 09:29 PM)Wonkmin Wrote: You were definitely in a Jew Hunters group.

You must be thinking of someone else because I was only in a group called "The Real [REDACTED]".
Hello!
Just jumping in quickly to clear up a thing and avoid potential confusion or feeling of unbased accusations as Wonk may not be available for some short time due to schedules to do so themselves.

After a second investigation due to the information and explanations you've provided the forementioned "hunters" group is not linked to you and was instead someone else that was investigated in a fairly similar timeframe, which we apologise for.
As a disclaimer, the mistake was not the reasoning for the ban itself and was just made and is entirely contained within looking into this appeal.

The appeal will be considered with the correction in mind, thank you for clarifying the situation.
I'm a moron who confused you with another person.

Sorry!
(10-21-2019, 08:18 AM)Gerhazo Wrote: Hello!
Just jumping in quickly to clear up a thing and avoid potential confusion or feeling of unbased accusations as Wonk may not be available for some short time due to schedules to do so themselves.

After a second investigation due to the information and explanations you've provided the forementioned "hunters" group is not linked to you and was instead someone else that was investigated in a fairly similar timeframe, which we apologise for.
As a disclaimer, the mistake was not the reasoning for the ban itself and was just made and is entirely contained within looking into this appeal.

The appeal will be considered with the correction in mind, thank you for clarifying the situation.

Thank you Gerhazo for helping clear this up. I was a little confused when Wonkmin brought up this other group. And thank both of you for considering my appeal.
Hello!

In regard to the questionable group, with the well mannered explanation and apology no malicious intent can be held and there are no objections against lifting of the ban.

I'm not available to log in and do so but will contact fellow staff and have it lifted as soon as possible following this post(edit: should be done as of now, post in this thread if there are issues logging back in).

Also, as partially related, assuming you continue playing on CyprianVal as it was discussed, the security jobban will remain following the previous ban. Please play on the servers for a bit and try to get a feel for the culture and assuming you manage to keep a clean record feel free to appeal it when you assume you're ready for the role. I hope that's reasonable.

I'd also like to remind of the rules, in particular regarding metagaming, as both of you often receiving infractions together strongly suggests that contacts might be being made outside of the game, which isn't fair to the other players, unless that's not the case and all communication is indeed restricted to within the game in which case we're fine.

Have a nice day.