Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Have emagged medibots inject something more lethal than pancuronium
The thing about pancuronium is that it permastuns you, but the only damage it deals is suffocation, and the chance of it is low enough that it'll never kill you.  Since lying around forever and not dying is boring as hell, why not have them inject something less obnoxious and more lethal?  Curare's a good one, it also permastuns but will eventually kill you because it deals tox.
Erm, Pancuronium is rather lethal if left alone, and I believe they inject a little more than Pancuronium. And it's not always that the Pancuronium is lethal, but the number of bots, and how effective they are at taking out a lot of people. Also, the emagged bots aren't meant to be Insta-killers, their effects are supposed to be I would say more annoying and perhaps lethal without intervention or caution. More so they serve as good distractions on their own which can present good use already.

I have to say that medibots are good as they are considering how persistent they are, the access they have, and how easily they can inject chemicals, especially if people are unaware that the bot is emagged.
The wiki says they inject sodium thiopental as well, but it's wrong on that point. Sodium thiopental, incidentally, would eventually kill you from brain damage. Pancuronium on its own isn't going to kill a damn thing, all it is aside from the stun is a 10%/7% chance of +1/+3 LOSEBREATH, which will heal itself.
I'd be fine if none of the emagged [x] bots were super deadly on their own, they're really easy to pump out, and the emag is already one of the better buys.
I'd also be fine with some nonlethal chem that's debilitating without being boring as shit. My problem with pancuronium is that, functionally, the only thing it does is stun you forever until someone drags you away (at which point you will have 330 units of pancuronium in you, enough to stun for nearly an hour), a merciful traitor with a c-saber notices you're not dead, or you suicide out of sheer boredom. Admittedly in debris you'll eventually suffocate when your O2 runs out, but that still takes an unnecessarily long time.

I suggested something more lethal not because I felt that they needed a buff (if anything they may be too strong), but because I feel like lying there for an indeterminate period of time is boring. Maybe it's just me, but I feel there's a difference between something that kills you and something that requires you to kill yourself to keep playing the game. It doesn't help that you can only hold your breath. Let paralyzed people off themselves more entertainingly. "Mustering all your force of will, you fart out your own heart! That's not even anatomically possible!"

Actually wait that's a way better idea than my first one.
How about just ethonal? You'd be drunk and stumbling, plus vomit