Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trial HoS Rounds
I heard some talk about them a while ago. Is anyone still offering them? I'd like to give HoS a go for a round to gauge if I should apply or how much more I should play as sec, and to get experienced feedback on my sec performance.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think the HoS trial was just an ad-hoc thing done by OMJ as a fun little encouragement for officers to step up to the plate, I don't think it was official or anything.

I would recommend speaking to HoS' in the pre-round lobby in any game to see if there's any appetite of them handing over their beret/ID/outfit/gun. I think you might be surprised with how many will take up your request, but I would also recommend playing a round underneath that HoS so they actually know who you are and not some blow-in looking to shoot things.
Admin HoS' from my understanding usually don't have a problem with running for familiar officers, I know Kyle has done one for me recently. To also note, mentors have the ability to try out the HoS role on Fridays, but excluding these things, there's not much to it like a schedule or anything.
Yeah, I know I'd be happy enough to pass the reins over for a round if I've seen the player and they seem reasonable and sensible. I'd suggest telling a HOS your thinking during a sec round, then they can watch you for a round and decide whether they feel comfortable giving you the beret. Of course with that being said, different HOSes will likely have different levels of willingness to do so.
I would recommend playing rounds with an HoS and sticking close to them as a sec officer so that way they can see how you act and after a couple of rounds like that then ask them next time if you can try being HoS for a round. If they recognize your name and have seen you ain't shit at security then I see no reason they would say no, well unless they really want to be HoS that round or have a different plan of course.