Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Major Liver Failure Doesn't Stop Dealing Tox
When dealt with via cryoxadone, omnizine, or charcoal, the liver failure indicator on the health analyser goes away, but the liver itself continues to deal tox damage forever. I'm not certain whether this happens after a transplant or not, I'd have to test, but it's quite frustrating. Pentetic acid also does not seem to heal liver damage despite being an anti-tox medicine, not sure if this is intentional or not.
Did the liver have full hp? Organs can take enough damage that they "die" and liver is one that damages the body if it's missing or dies. So it would do that wether it was in liver failure or not. If it does die, then you need a transplant to fix it.

I forget offhand if the liver failure persists when the liver is dead, I think not, maybe I should add a new disease for if you have a dead organ in your body.
Ah, yeah I wasn't even aware this was a mechanic. I think adding a disease for dead organs would be good, yeah. All organs were at full health according to the scanner.
Ringing in to say I saw this exact same issue earlier today; Steve Dyssal can attest to it. Poor Dyssal had liver failure, but luckily we treated it early on when liver damage was just at "Significant" and managed to get him back to full liver health. But no matter how much charcoal we kept pumping into the poor guy, the TOX damage wouldn't go away, even though the scans showed he didn't have liver failure (and as far as I know, there weren't any other TOX damage sources like poisons or overdoses).

Guy didn't get a transplant, so, yeah, this doesn't occur just because of that.
Dead organs can, according to the scanner, be healed from being dead. I'm guessing that this doesn't actually clear the dead effect, so you end up with people with completely healthy organs that aren't actually functional. Since the liver is the organ that's easiest to make fail, and has a very dramatic effect once dead, that's probably the one we're noticing.

Of course I could just be connecting two seemingly related things, I'm no coder. Might be worth looking into, and maybe testing with cigarettes to see if it happens with lungs.
Okay I found it. Yeah the main bit was that you should not be able to heal a dead organ and you could. Must've missed that in the merge. I'll look into getting a disease for having a dead organ in you, but now you won't be able to heal them so they should be obvious to anyone with an organ scanner what's going on.

Thanks for your reporting sorry it took so long to fix.