Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RP Storyline Resource Subforum
I'm not sure how common storylines that persist between rounds are on RP, I've been told they used to happen more before a lot of the players left, but I think having a subforum where we could keep track of what's happened, what knowledge the characters have, and documents/locations/other macguffins that are relevant to the storyline. I think something like this would provide almost a sort of "goal" for the rp server, in that people could look at these storylines and say "hey, this looks interesting, let me see if I can join" and have something to do for the next couple of rounds if they can't think of anything else. I also have a personal stake in this, as I have some relatively lofty plans for a storyline with pals on RP that I'd like to chronicle, but it feels a little weird posting it in the RP main forum as that place feels more like a place of meta-discussion of the server as a whole rather than somewhere to put IC resources. For an example of what I feel would fit into this new subforum, the last entry in my character profiles is what prompted me to make this suggestion in the first place.
Strong agree. Back in the day, one problem some dedicated RPers encountered was looking too insular and closed off to others who wanted to participate in longer storylines, and such a subforum would help plenty.
i would be cool with this