Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make emergency auto-injectors craftable
Anything to get people to stop breaking my damn Port-a-NanoMed.
The chemicals you can put in them should be hypospray whitelisted though, to prevent nerds making prions autoinjectors and the like.
so... the hypospray?

FYI, you can load pills into that hypospray, so just make a bunch of pill bottles with the correct dosages you want and load them into the hypo with the injection amount set to ALL.

Not necessarily against adding this as a feature, it just seems redundant. Do you have any ideas as to what the crafting steps would be like? I'm thinking that you would make an auto injector casing and then add a pill to it.
I was thinking through the ChemMaster, like ampoules are. The hypospray whitelist would be good except calomel and atropine are (rightly) not on it, and also are probably the most used autoinjectors as well. They're definitely meds you need to get in someone as quickly as possible.

That said making craftable autoinjectors when only two meds actually would benefit is probably a waste of time, although it did get me thinking that there are some issues with the hypospray whitelist. Styptic powder and silver sulfadiazine should never have been on it in the first place, but at least they don't do TOX when injected through a hypospray. Meth is also a weird drug to have on the whitelist, what with it not even being medicine. Some other drugs on the hypospray whitelist have dangerous or potentially dangerous side effects. (e.g. pentetic acid, perfluorodecalin if it still blocks speaking over the radio) If you wanted to change the hypospray whitelist then it might be worth adding craftable autoinjectors, restricting hyposprays to the safer meds while making the more dangerous ones autoinjector only.

That's a bit of a different suggestion though.

Is heparin hypospray-safe? If not that's another medical drug that has an autoinjector, although it's almost never used and treating hypertension isn't really the "every second counts" thing that neurotoxin and sarin are. If it is then it probably shouldn't be.

Edit: Heparin is not hypospray safe.
To make autoinjectors that are crafted actually viable in respect to hyposprays, perhaps autoinjectors could function similar to patches/pills in the sense that they can be stored inside of boxes?

Perhaps a max of 12 injectors for a small-sized container, optionally stored in one when made via chemmaster
Styptic powder and silver sulfadiazine used to be Bicaridine and Kelotane, which worked intravenously and weren't topically applied. That said, since they have no negative effects and DO have healing properties when hyposprayed, I don't see the reason for removing them.

Meth is functionally identical to Hyperzine, which was classified as a medical chem. It's a classic low-risk high-reward stimulant.

Perfluorodecalin no longer prevents talking over radio iirc, and is on the whitelist because it used to be Dexalin+, which didn't have the gasping effect. (Dexalin is now Salbutamol)
Styptic and silver sulf don't do the touch heal when applied with a hypospray, you only get the minimal healing from it in your bloodstream. I seem to recall hyposprayed silver sulf/styptic doing tox until a few months back but I might be misremembering.

Interesting about the history, didn't know that.