Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Jesus Crispies ban appeal / clarification
Who banned you?: flourish
Byond Key: Jesus Crispies
Date of Ban: sometime in the last year maybe?
Specified Reason for Ban: As a nonantag, set off a TTV, killing a random person and creating a large breach in a major hallway (the area between research and medbay on Cog1). When PM'd, said that they were trying to suicide bomb a wizard. When asked if they had read the rules, said that they haven't. Asked to read the rules and to let me know when they've finished doing so (the conversation was clearly not finished), but instead logged out. Please read the rules and make an appeal on the forums if you'd like to play here.
Ban Length: permanent
What led to the ban? see below
Why am I appealing? / Why should I be unbanned: I don't remember getting banned like this or ever even receiving a permanent ban. I know that I have at least one temp ban on my record from when I first started playing ss13 a while ago and I used excessive force but to be honest I never figured out how to make a working TTV. I generally tried not to be a shitter mostly keeping to chemistry trying to figure out the secret chems. I'm not saying I didn't do it but I have no recollection of doing anything like this and I really want to play on goonstation again. At the very least I would appreciate knowing when this ban even happened or any other details surrounding it.
Which rule did you break? Well in what's laid out in my reason for ban I seem to have broken rule 1 and a mild bit of rule 2 in that I logged out in the middle of talking to an admin.
Evasion Attempts: None that I know of save for logging out and logging back in to make sure the ban message wasn't a bug.
Hey I don't mean to double post but I found another person who had the exact same ban message and similar conditions as me here https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid...pid=136770 I really don't think I ever did this. I should add that I did just attempt to make a second account to see if that would work but that didn't so im back here and I apologize for attempting to evade it just now
It sounds likely that something in our ban list matched up with your computer. This can happen by coincidence and occasionally does. I double check a few things and check with flourish and hopefully we can get things settled.
Hi, thanks for the appeal. Do you remember the last time you were able to play on Goon? Have you ever used any other accounts?
(10-22-2019, 04:22 PM)Flourish Wrote: Hi, thanks for the appeal. Do you remember the last time you were able to play on Goon? Have you ever used any other accounts?

Unfortunately, I don't remember exact dates but the last time I played regularly was several months ago. If exact dates are going to be critical for this I can try and figure out exactly when I last played but it been too long for me to remember very easily. I made the account thatmachine right before I made my second post on this thread because I didn't get a reply here and I wanted to see if it would work. I usually play from either my desktop or my laptop and almost always from my home network if that helps at all.
Alright, thanks for the info. I've lifted your ban. When you first connect, can you send an ahelp letting me know that it's worked? Thanks!
Thank you very much for everyone's help!