Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.11 Average
Remove Untracked Objectives
I suppose they're supposed to facilitate creativity or somesuch, but I find them rather dispiriting. If I wanted to hold Heisenbee for ransom, I'd do that; it'd be a funny gimmick. I would not, however, want it to take the place of a definite goal. Being given a blank-check does not yield the same sense of achievement for me.

Untracked objectives don't even serve much of a purpose; there are already quirky tracked objectives, like the Monsieur Stirstir ones or the one where you have to steal three hearts. If they belong anywhere, it's the roleplay server.
Nobody needs to actually do the objectives they're given. They're little more than suggestions and can be completely ignored.
Yes, which is part of why I dislike untracked ones. I don't need special dispensation to mess around and do a funny gimmick. I personally enjoy attempting to complete my objectives; I know it's not entirely rational, but then, a certain irrationality is inherent in games.
I think it's important to have those kinds of objectives and miscreants in order to help give newer players ideas for what to do that aren't simply murder this or that person. It also helps get across that as a traitor you don't necessarily have to kill *anybody* if you can find another way of having antagonistic fun.
(10-18-2019, 09:00 PM)phyvo Wrote: I think it's important to have those kinds of objectives and miscreants in order to help give newer players ideas for what to do that aren't simply murder this or that person. It also helps get across that as a traitor you don't necessarily have to kill *anybody* if you can find another way of having antagonistic fun.

But surely kidnapping Monsieur Stirstir, which is tracked, does that just as well as holding Heisenbee for ransom? I'm all for quirky, non-murderous objectives; I'd just rather the game gave me an incentive to complete them.