Caecilius's Mentor App (here goes nothing)
(11-28-2019, 04:53 AM)Caecilius Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 12:10 PM)The You Tribaja Wrote: I have abstained since now, but I thought it would be helpful to add my 2 cents to this.

Caecilius handed me a confirmed traitor to do with as I wanted. I build a room for him in the public market of cog1 with a system that allowed the crew to throw a screwdriver at the traitor to decide his fate. I didn't reinforce this room completely and it would have been a welder + wrench way to get him out, but alas, the public market got bombed. I rescued him from there and tried building another one at escape and then the arrival shuttle arrived and I took him with us on the shuttle. I admit that this was sadistic, not really fun for the traitor etc. but it was all within the rules.

Caecilius among many others didn't like this one bit it seemed, but Caecilius said after the round in OOC chat that "If I did something like that again he'll kill me for it". To me, this displays a disregard for the rules of the server as that would be something that is outside the rules. I understand not liking the things somebody does and that's all fine and good, I can be a sadistic assholes at times, but I'm always playing within the rules, if it is allowed in the rules it really doesn't justify a response of 1. promising to kill someone who is not an antag for doing something they don't like and 2. promising to metagrudge. Caecilius was the only one with this kind of response despite many others not liking what I did, which as I stated is fine, but disregarding the rules while applying for mentor isn't something I'm thrilled about.

So it's a no from me.
Several things.
Firstly, I repeatedly told you to stop, and even let him out twice. Both times you stole him back and forced him back into your chamber. Second, I said that I would kill anyone who did that again because I genuinely couldn't believe that someone would do that as a nonantag. The admin on at the time (SageAcrin I think) backed me up and said that it was a reasonable assumption to make that you were a traitor. Act like a traitor, get treated like one.
Thirdly, I never said that I would metagrudge you, that is a bald faced lie because I logged off immediately after SageAcrin(?) spoke.

I was pretty high at the time so I won't dispute your view of things. People can take what I wrote for what it is based on that information, this is how I saw and remember the situation. It's why I didn't post it earlier, but felt it warranted after Wonkmin's input. The metagrudge point was inferred from the view I had that you specifically made the comment towards me.

But I have to wonder how it would have been okay for you to kill me in that situation anyways since it was you who told me that he was a traitor and to do with him as I wished. As I said at the time, I could have gone to the nearest airlock and tossed him out and that would have been okay as well, it wouldn't really have been different from valid hunting. Shitty, yes, but still killing a valid target.

Now I would understand that it would have been a valid reason to suspect I was antag if I had been the one to catch him and continue on my own, but you were the one as a security officer who told me he was a traitor when you handed him to me. At that point, anything I did with him was fair game, even if it was unfun and you wouldn't have been justified you killed me for it as you knew that I wasn't killing a non-antag crew member.

But anyways, this is how I saw the situation and people can take it how they want. I do admit that I could have mentioned that my recollection of the events may not be the most reliable in the first post, but the situation that led to me getting him I am certain about as I just happened to walk into the crew quarters and ran into you randomly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Caecilius's Mentor App (here goes nothing) - by Tribaja - 11-28-2019, 06:34 AM