Caecilius's Mentor App (here goes nothing)
Hi.

Wonk is one of many people observing this exchange, and not the only.
I assure you there's no singular whim or veto going on. Personally I'm in it to see a response to the original question, which i'll take the liberty of paraphrasing in hopes of getting some insight:

On the topic of hatespeech, bigotry, racism and general discrimination-

Given the nature of Beestation's current culture & attitude toward bigotry, and given Goonstation's current positions on the same topic, and given that this topic is a defining factor of this community - What are your thoughts on the implications of representing (and being expected, to at least some extent, to uphold) two polarly opposed stances on what is probably the most important issue to Goonstation? Does this raise any issues and what implications does this have for the character of our mentors, who are often the first point of contact for a new member to the community?

This isn't an attack but an opportunity for you to introspect and give us some perspective as well.
I may be mistaking you for the other Ivan on this but I don't think I am

My experiences with (I believe to be) you have been rough, you often seem to be rather rash when it comes to talking to people that even slightly annoy you and you sort of look like you take things more personally than intended.

It's a no from me, a mentor should be friendly and kind, not prone to being rude for even a slight little thing.
I've had some time to think about this. While I personally do not under any circumstances use bigoted language or slurs, and personally dislike the "hehe n-word funni" aspect of beestation as a server, there is no denying that it is entirely possible for someone who doesn't know me to feel like I condone or tolerate such behaviour purely becuase of my admin position. I understand that this image of me (which I will stress once again is not true) might give new players the wrong impression. I can certainly try to use what little influence I do have to make the server less "edgy", but I can't really promise or guarantee anything, at least in a reasonable timeframe. Therefore, I'm going to have to halt this application. I may well reapply in the future, and if so I'll try to show what progress I've made.

What are your thoughts on this?

Also Drago: I've almost never seen you so that was almost certainly the other guy.
I think your response shows maturity, and awareness that when it comes to first impressions for new players, sometimes a name or a familiar ckey is all they have to go by. And thats important to me.

im glad to know you oppose the bigotry and i wish you luck, if you decide to fight it.