Poll: What do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I approve of this idea wholeheartedly.
80.00%
16 80.00%
I think the briefcase idea is nice, but not the contracts idea
15.00%
3 15.00%
i think the contracts idea is nice, but not the briefcase.
5.00%
1 5.00%
You suck. go find somewhere you can put your idiot brain to good use.
0%
0 0%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Faustian Bargain: Devilishly Difficult to use.
First of all, I've kinda been making a lot of new threads recently. I'll stop making so many, just after this one. thanks.

So, the thread, as you've probably guessed, is about the traitor chaplain's role-specific tool, "The Faustian Bargain". It essentially makes you a demon with contracts, sign them to get cool stuff with drawbacks, chaplain gets stronger, you get the point.

The bargain, for the most part, is immensely fun to use. however, there are two issues that reduce the fun involved.

1. Someone stealing your Briefcase

2. Endless signature contracts

Let's go over number one first. picture this. you're going around, peddling your fancy powers in exchange for a simple little soul. and then, Joepubs Mcgreyshirt decides to be a jerk and steal your briefcase while you've put it down to give someone a contract, and then space it/crusher it/hide it. that is the better part of 8 syndie-bux wasted, essentially ruining your demonic fun. I propose that the chaplain's briefcase (but not the pens or contracts) behave in a similar manner to the staff of Cthulhu, being either unable to be picked up by non-wizards entirely or by granting the chaplain the ability to recall the briefcase to them.

The second one. Endless signature contracts. Picture this yet again. You're going around, but nobody wants to sign some boring old gene activation contract, and so you practice on monkeys to get your souls up for stronger ones. and then tragedy strikes. your last contract is used up entirely, and then you're stuck with a contract to give people money, 2 gene activator contracts, a weird werewolf spider explosion contract, all of which have endless signatures. You're essentially stuck with those contracts, preventing you from reaching the fun stuff unless you spend five souls on buying a new one, which sets you back even more. I propose removing endless signature contracts and capping the number of signatures any one contract can have at four.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk.
Yes please to both of these. The first one in particular is a HUGE issue for anyone picking the faustian bargain kit. While I get that it's intentionally awkward, it's not fun.
In addition to giving the chaplain the ability to summon the briefcase back to their hand, maybe also give them the ability to summon the individual contracts as well. I've lost more than one contract from people just taking them after signing and then wandering off.

Another idea would be to have some sort of system for preventing duplicate contracts from being spawned, so you always have a variety to advertise, or at least for the ones you start with in the briefcase. I've gotten duplicates there and it's not fun to effectively start out with three.
I say remove the instant kill contracts. No one is going to sign a contract if theres a high chance it will just instantly kill them. Like whats the point in selling your soul if you go straight to hell and get nothing fun?
100% agree on having a way to recover the briefcase, I think it's lame that it can just be removed permanently in a round. Putting a fairly long cooldown on the summon I think would be a fair way to ensure that it didn't make it too strong a buff for the traitor chaplain if they were to lose it during a fight. After all, they also shouldn't be able to just keep teleporting it to their hand if they get properly disarmed in combat.
(10-15-2019, 06:43 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: I say remove the instant kill contracts. No one is going to sign a contract if theres a high chance it will just instantly kill them. Like whats the point in selling your soul if you go straight to hell and get nothing fun?

I've been able to get many people to sign the insta kill contracts. One round I had a collection of around 10 Gold Statues, because people either signed it or I made them sign it.