Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mining Request Program and Terminal
So one of the issues I see with mining is that, sometimes some other departments want some particular resources and at times mining might register your request... other times your request gets lost in the chat flood of screaming spaceman on busy comms. Let alone the fact that newer miners don't know what the different types of ore might be for.

My suggestion? Add a terminal to mining that people in different departments (who generally need ore for things, like robotics) can ping with a PDA program of stuff they may need. And on the terminal that is located in mining, can show how many orders are waiting. Like a simple [ 1 ] on the screen for 1 order or  [10+] for over 10 orders queued.

How the system works is, you click the app on the PDA and the app has a few fields to fill out, what type of ore do you need, how much of it, raw or refined, and if there is a time limit or not. You can even choose to tip and pay the miners for the order if they fill it. 

So you can say, you are a roboticist, you open the app and click the menus. There is a drop down for ore types, a number type in field for how much,  a drop down for raw, refined or any, and a number field for minutes. and a tip field that comes out of your bank account

So you need 20 Dense metal Refined by 10 minutes and you will tip the miners 1000 creds if they get it in that timeframe.
Little ping comes up on the terminal and they can accept or deny it. The miner who ships it can slap a barcode on the box and teleports or ships it, and then the person who placed the order hits the closed box with the PDA to say "yes I got it" transaction gets sent. miner gets paid. Things move on