Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Limited/Alternate Antag suggestion
I had this killer idea for a alternate variant of the changeling that I got while listening to that old song from 'The grim adventures of billy and mandy' The brains one. Mostly due to it being October and spookstation and all that. I thought it would be kinda cool to have a brain eater antag.

Pretty much to make it a simple as possible, a ling can pick to be normal or a eater, and they play kind of like a mix of a ling and vamp. You are still eating people, but instead of well... everything you just eat their brains. When you eat their brains they gain a light greenish glow and their eyes turn green. The player retains control of their body, but they are essentially zombies part of the hivemind, with the eater being able to swap control of their victims. Slowly growing a army of former crew.

Also, if the brain eater dies, everyone under it's control dies too, maybe slowly one by one or could be instantly (Maybe the difference between being beaten to death than gibbed per say)

So a lot of the ability ideas were the fact that, it should be something quick to code and setup for October but could keep it around to flesh it out more. Like I don't think it should have horror form, or if it does it should be a lot more different than the lings. say stationary but it can make people lose their minds around it, especially depending on how many brains it's eaten. Making people attack each other and stuff like that.

The eater would need some changes in their abilities, like instead of stinging people, they instead can hypnotize and compel people to approach them. Kind of like being on Raj without mindlessly needing to beat them to death. Could even add resist to try and break hold of the mind control. 

Each brain they eat should make them stronger, both health wise and overall strength. Maybe they can even start out weaker than a standard crewman, but after 2 or 3 brains they even out and get diminishing returns after 5 more. So they aren't super op strong after eating 20 people. 

This kind balancing stuff would be up to if anyone wants to pick the idea up and run with it. I just like the idea of having someone running around eating brains and having a brain army.