Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
Replace the Lawgiver's HE shot with a flashbang+.
I don't know about this one. So far, the HE shot isn't really an issue. It's 60 brute, 60 burn on a direct hit, can't gib, and drains nearly all of the cell. It's a flashy and fun mode of fire that I don't think needs to be changed any time soon.
(10-15-2019, 08:00 PM)WhatATerribleUserName Wrote: I don't know about this one. So far, the HE shot isn't really an issue. It's 60 brute, 60 burn on a direct hit, can't gib, and drains nearly all of the cell. It's a flashy and fun mode of fire that I don't think needs to be changed any time soon.

Code:
point blank lawgiver:

bullet.dm: line 363
explosion_new with power 15

explosion_new.dm: lines 7-100
calls A.ex_act with severity 1 since p=15 still at this point 

damage.dm: lines 236-308
assuming no blast protective armor, target takes 500 damage and gibs instantly

some explosion stuff has been tweaked since then, so this isn't a 1:1 comparison, and I don't want to join as HoS specifically to waste a round testing the HE shot and deny someone opportunity to actually play a coveted job, so in lieu of having production code I can't exactly say for sure...

but if you shoot someone with HE rounds point blank, it seems to me highly likely that they gib most of the time, if not every time, depending on the armor value of their worn equipment

If they toned it down from EX 1 to EX 2, that's still 110 Brute, 60 burn on a point blank with a >30% chance to sever one or more limbs
Urs can you look up the damage values of the podseeker please? See how close they are. If they are near the same value then yeah it would gib point blank.
has the HE caused anybody problems yet