Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.07 Average
Remove hiding under tables from monkeys
As it stands, fighting a monkey antag who's hiding underneath a table is an extremely difficult fight. Most of the time you're best off just using lethals them to kill them. If you manage to stun them with a taser, you have to use the awkward menu pop ups to pull them out if they're underneath it or pixel hunt. Given the difficulty of point blanking or stun batoning a monkey under a table, it makes it extremely difficult to arrest and detain them effectively.

I propose removing their ability to hide under tables to make them less mechanically awkward to fight. It sucks to have to pixel hunt for the piece of tail sticking out when a slip up could mean you're batoned immediately. By forcing them to climb over tables, their sprite would still be visible and clickable. Monkeys would still have a huge movement advantage in a fight by being able to cross through inaccessible areas, table disarm (missing puts the baton on the table), on top of all of the perks monkeys already get.
Big time! Fuck monkeys and fuck monkeys who use this to grief.
I gotta agree with this. Monkeys are awful to deal with because they can just bunker under tables till the end of time.
Would make monkey mains miles more tolerable
Please, yes, YES! End thine torture!
Frankly, the fact that monkey's few downsides (primarily not being able to speak) can be circumvented stupidly easily, and with it being a net gain for powergaming, is quite dumb.
I agree in at the very least, re-examining player-monkeys overall, but removing table-hiding would be a decent start.
looking the sprites of the tables,I really question how can someone hide under a reinforced table,make them unable to hide under reinforced tables at all and maybe like if you smash a normal table it has a chance to stun anyone under it?
Big yes on reinforced tables atleast,you have no way to destroy the table before the monkey interrupts you in any way
I reckon this would be a good change. I remember a round I played as captain where I got mindslaved, and I summoned the HOS to the Customs desk while the monkey hid underneath and simply mindslaved him when he walked up to the desk. While devilishly effective, it definitely felt a bit unfair and unreasonable to me. Traitors who choose to be monkeys are too strong IMO, and this'd go a long way to amending that.
Yeah, absolutely. Monkeys already have so so much going for them, hiding under tables is frankly ridiculous.
I support this, I'd add some arguments but it seems that everything I've had on my mind has already been said.
Yeah, being able to abuse tables is a huge issue. I would personally like forcing them onto all four limbs under tables so they have no use of hands, can't grab, check their backpack, grab, disarm or hold anything at all. While trying to go under a table when holding something would just completely stop them, but due to the high chance of issues and work required to code this in, I'm just going to have to agree and say remove table crawling for monkeys all together.
yeah, i'm gonna have to agree with this proposal. it's incredibly obnoxious how much monkeys can abuse this ability. especially having been on the receiving end of this.
For what it's worth, monkeys on other codebases tend to have poor manual dexterity and limited mental faculties. Being turned into one is generally a very bad thing; you can't function remotely normally, it's not just a cute little quirk or minor handicap. The other difference is that you can't wear most outfits, although I prefer Goon on this point.

In short, I think monkeys being able to crawl under tables isn't the main problem here, rather it's the extent to which monkeys on Goon are simply miniature humans with their own language.
Well yes, monkeys have A LOT of issues on goon when it comes to them being robust tiny humans, but this is probably the worst part of dealing with monkey players on goon. Fighting a monkey antag that has a couple of tasers, a stun baton, and tables to hide under (looking at you sec on cog1!) is futile most of the time. The best solution is to not fight them and try to bait them out, but it feels fairly shitty in practice to have to do that. If you get enough sec officers, you can sort of deal with it, but it's a complete gamble whether or not you'll just end up feeding them sec gear.
I'm kinda against this, but having them able to crawl under tables when lying down seems like a fair compromise. If they wanna move around they'll have to lie down again