Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Major Ghostbuster Gun doesn't bust ghosts
The shots from the ectoplasmic disintegrator will pass through ghosts harmlessly for some reason. Maybe it's related to the ghost abilities?
Sounds like oversight or possibly intentional.
That is a joke item and always has been. The projectiles they shoot do nothing and never have sadly.
Having witnessed it function multiple times before then, either this is a recent change or bug.
(10-09-2019, 04:12 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: That is a joke item and always has been. The projectiles they shoot do nothing and never have sadly.

Nope! not true!

Shooting ghosts with the ghost gun used to make them fully transparent outlines instead of milky shades, drop a blob of ectoplasm, AND it used to make ghosts drop their hair so that you could steal their styles.

It also stops them from being cloned, apparently. RIP. Literally.

Code:
/mob/dead/observer/bullet_act(var/obj/projectile/P)
    if (src.icon_state == "doubleghost")
        return

src.icon_state = "doubleghost"
    src.visible_message("<span style=\"color:red\"><b>[src] is busted!</b></span>","<span style=\"color:red\">You are demateralized into a state of further death!</span>")
    src.corpse = null

if (wig)
        wig.loc = src.loc
    new /obj/item/reagent_containers/food/snacks/ectoplasm(get_turf(src))
    overlays.len = 0
    log_shot(P,src)
(10-09-2019, 05:26 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 04:12 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: That is a joke item and always has been. The projectiles they shoot do nothing and never have sadly.

Nope! not true!

Shooting ghosts with the ghost gun used to make them fully transparent outlines instead of milky shades, drop a blob of ectoplasm, AND it used to make ghosts drop their hair so that you could steal their styles.

Code:
        return

src.visible_message("<span style=\"color:red\"><b>[src] is busted!</b></span>","<span style=\"color:red\">You are demateralized into a state of further death!</span>")
    src.corpse = null

if (wig)
        wig.loc = src.loc
    overlays.len = 0
    log_shot(P,src)

Their hair would be transparent, and highly radioactive if I remember correctly.
(10-10-2019, 02:56 PM)Skornzy Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 05:26 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote:

Nope! not true!

Code:
        return

src.corpse = null

if (wig)
        wig.loc = src.loc
    overlays.len = 0
    log_shot(P,src)

Their hair would be transparent, and highly radioactive if I remember correctly.
naw I don't think it was either of those things. it was the same as if you'd shaved a person's hair
I'm quite certain that it used to drop their radioactive hair not too long ago (which could then be turned into the material for matsci). I think it stopped working a while ago, I assume due to a bug.
Not sure if it stopped ghosts from being cloned back then, but that seems kind of mean. I don't think harvesting the material should take people out of the round like that, if the gun ever gets fixed.

EDIT: Is this about the gun that can be found in an adventure zone or about the one from the ghostbuster job? Maybe ghostbusters have a nonfunctional version or something?
The current iteration is supposed to drop ectofibre, an invisible radioactive material shaped like the ghost player's hair, yeah. It still did that up until a couple months ago, as SaccharineChampion can attest.
Fixed! I think.