Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please unban me (Unknown + Firebarrage)
Who banned you?: Unknown original person who banned me, but Firebarrage upgraded it to a permanent ban for some stupid reason.
Byond Key: L_Nacho_Chaos_L
Date of Ban: Yesterday.
Specified Reason for Ban: "OOC: BELOW GAY" Has been talked to about this 2 times already. Go read the rules. - Well, given your behavior in game and discord it's pretty clear you have no intention of following the language rules.
Ban Length: Originally 24 hours, but it was upgraded to a permanent ban just because I said I don't like the language rule on Discord.
What led to the ban?: Forgetting about the language rule twice.
Why am I appealing? / Why should I be unbanned: A 24 hour ban, I can understand, but not being permanently out of both servers because I made 2 jokes, one of which ("BELOW GAY") I've made on multiple other servers without remembering that I'm not allowed to here.
Which rule did you break?: The language rule. I didn't really think of it until I got banned.
Evasion Attempts: I didn't try to evade. I just waited the 24 hours and tried to join when I discovered it's been upgraded to a permanent ban for some stupid reason.

Note: "Forgetting about the language rule twice." wasn't meant to be in bold, but it typed out as bold for some reason and I don't know how to undo it.

Edit: Actually it was 3 jokes, I forgot the first one sorry.

By forgot the first one I mean didn't remember that I made it, not didn't remember what the joke was.
"but it was upgraded to a permanent ban just because I said I don't like the language rule on Discord."

this isn't true at all. do you recall what you said just before you were banned from discord?

breaking the same rule over and over again and then coming into discord to complain about it and break it again is why i changed this to a permanent ban, since you don't agree with the rule and apparently intend to continue to ignore it. you can dislike the rules all you want but you still have to follow them like everyone else. a lot of people forget that we care about this and almost all of them, after we ask them to stop, they stop.

you also didn't like your first warning, you clearly don't like the way we run things, why do you even want to come back? there's plenty of servers where your idea of funny jokes is acceptable and you won't have to put up with our stupidity.
Repeatedly calling a ban stupid is a terrible way to get going.
(10-08-2019, 09:31 AM)magic mountain Wrote: "but it was upgraded to a permanent ban just because I said I don't like the language rule on Discord."

this isn't true at all. do you recall what you said just before you were banned from discord?

breaking the same rule over and over again and then coming into discord to complain about it and break it again is why i changed this to a permanent ban, since you don't agree with the rule and apparently intend to continue to ignore it. you can dislike the rules all you want but you still have to follow them like everyone else. a lot of people forget that we care about this and almost all of them, after we ask them to stop, they stop.

you also didn't like your first warning, you clearly don't like the way we run things, why do you even want to come back? there's plenty of servers where your idea of funny jokes is acceptable and you won't have to put up with our stupidity.
I never said I'd continue to ignore it. I wasn't intentionally ignoring it in the first place. I just didn't REMEMBER the rule. Just because I don't LIKE a rule doesn't mean I won't follow it if it means I can still play. Also, I want to come back because Goon has the best mechanics for cooking and genetics.
you didn't say "i will ignore this rule" but you did come in and call it shit and us sjws and close with "goodbye retards"

we aren't fond of autism jokes or calling people retarded either, in game that's also against rule 4 and in discord it's rule 2. your attitude made me think you aren't really a good fit here, and saying it's just jokes or irony doesn't do much to convince me otherwise.

believe it or not i hate banning people, but i'll do it if it means our community doesn't have to put up with all that crap that the rest of the internet seems to love. there are plenty of people who agree with you and think we're wrong but our players appreciate it and i spend my time here for them.

just for context, discord rule 2 is "2. Be respectful of others. You will not be banned from the Discord server for expressing opinions, so long as you are able to express those opinions in a respectful fashion. Don't use slurs, racial or otherwise, even ironically. Don't attack people for their opinions."

the "in a respectful fashion" is the bit i'm talking about here.

i really don't have any patience for the "it's ironic, im just kidding, they're jokes, memes, fucking sjws" position you're taking about all this. the rules make it very clear that there's no excuse, don't do it ever, and i told you that myself the first time you crossed this particular line.

how am i supposed to believe this will stop if i lift the ban when you were warned about it a week ago and didn't stop?
(10-08-2019, 12:06 PM)magic mountain Wrote: you didn't say "i will ignore this rule" but you did come in and call it shit and us sjws and close with "goodbye retards"

we aren't fond of autism jokes or calling people retarded either, in game that's also against rule 4 and in discord it's rule 2. your attitude made me think you aren't really a good fit here, and saying it's just jokes or irony doesn't do much to convince me otherwise.

believe it or not i hate banning people, but i'll do it if it means our community doesn't have to put up with all that crap that the rest of the internet seems to love. there are plenty of people who agree with you and think we're wrong but our players appreciate it and i spend my time here for them.

just for context, discord rule 2 is "2. Be respectful of others. You will not be banned from the Discord server for expressing opinions, so long as you are able to express those opinions in a respectful fashion. Don't use slurs, racial or otherwise, even ironically. Don't attack people for their opinions."

the "in a respectful fashion" is the bit i'm talking about here.

i really don't have any patience for the "it's ironic, im just kidding, they're jokes, memes, fucking sjws" position you're taking about all this. the rules make it very clear that there's no excuse, don't do it ever, and i told you that myself the first time you crossed this particular line.

how am i supposed to believe this will stop if i lift the ban when you were warned about it a week ago and didn't stop?

Ok, first, I never made autism jokes. The word "retarded" does not relate to autism.

Second, it'll stop because I'll try harder to remember the rule if you just let me back into the server.
i wasn't saying you did, just a couple of examples of "jokes" that we don't think are very funny and are not allowed.

i'll lift this and the discord ban but please just like, there's an infinite number of other ways to express yourself.

i don't know you and i'm not saying you're a bigot but leave all that at the door. that's all we ask.

this is a goofy game about dying horribly in space and there's plenty to do without tired internet fads.