Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nerfing Emagged Cyber Organs
So to explain, as it stands now, emagged cyber organs are powerful enough to keep someone standing through 3-4 people using batons, tasers, revolver, tranqs, and lasers for about 3-6 minutes and still fight back during that time. I propose that this boost given by emagged cyber organs be lowered so that they give less of a stamina boost or maybe they have some sort of negative side effect to balance out how good they are or finally perhaps some kind of security tool be made to counter this exact thing.

I don't have the exact stats of what the full emagged organs but I'm sure someone could provide that.

I figured I'd post this to see what could be done to balance this out and see what people think about it.
From observing the dude you are talking about here, he had ~450 stamina and ~67 stamina regen (default is 200, 10), I believe without any other boosts (food/drugs/etc.)
Ah yeah, that is a little bit extreme. I don't know the exact values used for it offhand, but I assume about double. I admit it was a lazy solution, I'd rather have organs give different sorta of bonuses when emagged more aligned with their normal functions that are a double edged sword for the user.

Maybe the spleen's emagged state should be more like the blood gene power where you get too much blood and need to do some blood letting to stay healthy. To be honest I don't have very many ideas in this sort of area and that's partly why we're in the state we're in. So I'm very open to suggestions here.
When you can emag a cyberorgan you can emag all of them, why not make (emagged or not) cyberorgans check for other emagged cyberorgans and progressively get negative effects as more organs are emagged.
This way you can choose between playing it safe and emag one or two organs without much to worry about and be happy with it,
or you can be greedy and emag all of them, having to deal with passive malfunctions.

All that on top of having different effects for each emagged organs.
Why not the same treatment as cyberhearts? Boost by default, extra boost if emagged + chance of fail on electrocute
It's a bit of a time investment to install them all but they're definitely too strong right now.

Maybe one of the downsides could be electricity gives you organ damage? Cyber versions don't seem to be as easily damaged as their fleshy counterpart; it's pretty easy to kill your human liver with alcohol but I haven't seen the cyber liver go past minor.

If you're getting tased/batonned that could be a downside to having them.