Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Goonstation Pumpkin Carving
So its the spooky month again, and I've been asked to provide some decorations for use throughout the station and whatnot. After some deliberation, I've come upon the perfect idea to get you all in the Halloween spirit and get my hands on a bunch of decoration sprites: A Goonstation pumpkin carving event.

Now, we're not gonna be carving ACTUAL pumpkins, but sprites instead. Attached is a base for the pumpkin sprite, and an example carving for you to base your own carving off of. I suggest attaching a screenshot of your pumpkin carving sprites with your submission so we can see them better.

I won't be too strict on what you can enter, but please try to stay within these following guidelines:
- Submission doesn't break Goonstation rules. (duh)
- Try not to change the shape of the pumpkin too much, if you can't avoid it.
- Submission has to be in 64 by 32 pixels , with unlit and lit sprites positioned and aligned in each 32 x 32 pixel square as seen in the example. This makes it easier for me to organize your sprites.
- You can add your own special flair to your pumpkin sprites, but try not to be too drastic/distracting and nothing animated or with transparency.

Carving example and pumpkin base:

[Image: unknown.png]

Good luck spriting and Happy Halloween, Goonstation!

To start things off, and provide a submission example, I'm posting my submission.
You will be at a loss for words.
[Image: 655c652a4a92a27c4e9bfa1881d78a12.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
Rad, I really like the idea. I made a couple while I was waiting for the thread to come up.

[Image: zdqeGtn.png]
How is this Machokin looking?

[Image: 68273f75ab835c7b1b2b03a57a2d3530.png]
[Image: f9cd92345d4f5c4dcd8dc883464be7a4.png]
[Image: dFvIvgX.png]
In order from top to bottom: A Garfield pumpkin, a Sans pumpkin, a Smug Pumpkin, and an unhappy Pumkin. Here's the link to the original spritesheet with transparency. This pumpkin thing is a good idea. Good job.
https://imgur.com/vaaTPHg
These pumpkins are good! I can't wait to see what else people come up with.
I hope I've done this right. Enjoy my sunglasses pumpkin!

[Image: hc6NdXD.png]
[Image: ERiIVBW.png]