Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Make the nuke's conventional explosives go off when it's destroyed
Rainbow 
While this nuke may be different because future, in real life, nuclear weapons consist of a bunch of carefully shaped explosives surrounding a plutonium nugget. 

I propose that if the nuke is smashed to pieces, the normal high explosives should go off as a last fuck you to the station, and also hopefully to give the syndies a consolation prize. This gives the crew a bit of an incentive to actually remove the thing instead of just bashing it in place as well.
I think this would just kind of suck for whoever went out of their way to destroy the bomb, which is usually a fairly risky process and rewarding because of that.
Wait, the Nuclear Operatives nuke or the other thing?

Cause it wouldn't really matter if the operatives nuke made a dinky explosion or not after it's destroyed. It would give a silly way to end the round for everyone involved.
Yeah the nuke ops' nuke.
I feel like this is just an unnecessary smack to the face to crew who successfully beat the nuke to death while fighting/after fighting the nuke ops.

It already blows up if they fail - why make it blow up even if they succeed? Getting the nuke off station is just one way to defeat the nuke, not the ultimate preferred solution you should be pushing people towards for whatever reason.
I'm confused as to why it matters.

The rounds going to be over in about a minute or two anyways, so dying doesn't seem like that big a deal.
There's something very satisfying watching the clown beat the nuke to dust while the heavily armed nukeops rage war with that one random chemist. It would be slightly disappointing if the nuke exploded eviscerating that clown despite its best efforts.

So no, I don't think a large explosion here would be very fair here, the nukies don't deserve a consolation prize - they lost.

But I get where you're coming from, when the nuke is destroyed it makes a sad *poot* and then you get the game over feed in the chatbox. A wide 5x5 explosion that doesn't dent the hull but knocks back all players and disintegrates the many corpses that may surround the nuke might give this ending a little more oomph.

Alternatively, all the remaining nuke ops microbombs go off in unison as testament to their failures.
Honestly I rather like being able to destroy the bomb without setting it off. It's rare in games for bombs to actually work like bombs and only go off when they're supposed to.

Having the remaining nuke op microbombs go off is a pretty great idea.
I mean the game ends if the nuke gets destroyed anyway so it's not that much of a downside to anyone that breaks it and I'm always for more explosions.