Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minor Feather fluid interaction with pods
I'm not sure if it happens with other transformation triggers, but if you're in a pod when avian flu turns you into a bird you lose anything you were carrying: ID, backpack, whatever. If you know it's coming you can avoid pods but if you forget for whatever reason or were sleepy penned by someone else then it can have a very negative impact on your round.
Are you sure the things you had on you don't fall out of the pod when you leave it? They might be on the tile where the pod is but render under the pod itself. That's how it works if you drop items while in a pod and I would expect feather fluid to just drop the items you can no longer wear.
It happened to me twice. Since you expressed some doubt I tested it a third time. FF drops all items if you're not in a pod but if you're in a pod you get ejected but the items don't appear. If you immediately re-enter it and exit then they all drop out of the pod.... but that's if the pod doesn't move. I wasn't able to test what happens if the pod moves before you exit the second time, it's quite possible that that portion is bugged and is what gave me extra trouble the first two times, and maybe my items popped up in a weird place where I first transformed or something. No more time to test it tonight.
I tested it with a minisub and the items just stayed in the sub (I assume the same is true for pods). They dropped from the sub even after I moved it and then exited. But it would be neat if you either stayed in the sub when you transform or if your items dropped to the ground along with you.
yeah, its a quirk of the reaction that the bird-transformation is creating your new mob outside of the vehicle rather than inside, rather than forcing you to exit the vehicle, which is making your gear stay inside the pod/sub/etc
I did some more testing and could not reproduce the bug. So it's probably fixed?