Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All stuns should use the stamina system
A few months back, I think, flashes, tasers, and stun batons, among other things, were changed so that they did stamina damage, which effectively meant you had to hit multiple times to stun someone.  Not everything was changed to use this system; c-sabers and red chainsaws still have the automatic stun on hit.  I personally don't see any reason for their stuns to not function like all the other stuns in the game.  I suppose this is a nerf to them (and I feel I should say that I think they need one), but I'm more concerned with consistency here than power.

Besides, it's been years since I've seen a slasher flick but I'm pretty sure there's usually some injured victim who manages to run away, only to get killed later and I strongly feel that if you're gonna do a chainsaw massacre you should do it right.
Sabers actually do use the stamina system, they just do enough to instantly knock you down by default. You can actually avoid the stun by eating a salad or working out or having cyber lungs or whatever. You could argue that it should be lowered a bit though, since it is a bit much and they're kind of boring.

A bunch of things don't use the stamina system because they don't make sense to. IE: vampire eyeflashes, slipping, stuff like that. The issue here is specifically how much stamina these specific weapons do, not that they don't use the system.
I was unaware they used the stamina system, guess I wasn't paying much attention to my stamina the last time I got sabered. And I didn't even think about slipping and stuff like that. Not much use for this thread then.