Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Change gold bar loot items to stamped gold bars.
Currently Gold Bars are a very confusing concept for new players since some gold bars are worth a shitload of money, and the bars manufactured stationside are almost completely worthless. I think the easiest change is to just change all of the "loot" gold bars- the ones actually worth something- into stamped gold bars. Suggestions I've heard so far are stamped spanish gold bullion from the 1700s, or stamped space spanish gold bullion from the 2010s.
As a old school miner and someone who tries to help new miners out. Little things like this are really helpful when it comes to mining. Since there are little things that aren't really obvious when you start off mining for the first time. Like the fact that processed ore is worthless and you need raw ore to sell it to traders. Or for it to be worthwhile for QM to sell it.
this has been brought up a million times and really wouldnt be hard to implement and would help a whole lot with confused players thinking that mining or qm or materials are bad because of it

im rly in support of this idea
I'm honestly not super sure why non-loot gold bars can't just be also worth a lot of money? There's plenty of ways to make obscene amounts of money as a miner, I don't see why one more would be that egregious.
gold bars are worth a lot lot more than other things, like, 30k per on average, it'd hugely balloon the amount of money a miner can get in a shift. i think the current system works fine, just some distinction between ore gold and loot gold would help a lot without changing things too much. what i really dont get is why people are so adamant that loot gold doesnt get a name change- its almost like a "noob trap" which i rly dont like as a concept
made a patch: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=13036
Yeah I think this would be nice. Also it would be cool to have a neat looking gold brick to dab on people with.