Poll: Which submissions do you particularly like?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
33.33%
35 33.33%
13.33%
14 13.33%
13.33%
14 13.33%
7.62%
8 7.62%
14.29%
15 14.29%
18.10%
19 18.10%
Total 105 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Goonstation Monthly Contest: September Voting!
Thumbs Up 
Happy September! Hopefully your month so far has been a pleasant one. If not, there are still a few more days to make the most out of it! Or, you can wait for October, which will be full of spooky goodness Dr. Acula

Anyways, welcome to the voting phase of September's Monthly Contest! The theme was "tea party" or "fun with friends", so please vote for the submissions that you think embody that well (or just are particularly cool). At the end of the month, we'll tally the votes and everyone will receive their respective prizes. A bunch of cool stickers are on the line, so make sure to get all your friends to vote! 

Each entry below has a corresponding number. Select that number in the poll if you'd like to vote for it. Remember, you can and are highly encouraged to vote for multiple entries. Since all the teams that participated were very cool and talented, if you give one of them a heartfelt compliment in this thread, I'll give you a pet Garfield or pet NPC staff assistant ingame (you'll have to ask for it when I'm online) a fancy greater domestic space-bee

[Image: t2vRVac.png]

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: Goonstation_Memorial_Store_2051_2019-09-22_121411.png]

[Image: bijt6af.png]
Such fun adventures! I wish I could have gone on one.
i really like the arm holding expresso cup in 3. V nice addition
Heart 
(09-27-2019, 09:31 AM)moonlol Wrote: i really like the arm holding expresso cup in 3. V nice addition
The arm was my idea! <: So glad it got noticed.
It looks like everyone had boatloads of fun hanging out their friends. I like them all (including the one I was in, obviously, full disclosure), but I really like 5 and 1 in particular. 5 has some really nice mood lighting that reminds me of cozy nights by a fire, and 1's prison-uniform-and-arm teacup is just badass.
These all look like a ton of fun! My favourite might just be 4, due to the inclusion of the conversation itself. A few choice words really show how warm and nice this server can be, even through all the murder and destruction.
I actually really love all of these submissions. A lot of passion, care, and effort went into each and every one of them.
Though we only had a small amount of submissions, Each one is good in their own way.
In particular I quite enjoy the Arm-Holding cup in No3, I'm also humoured by the creation of a small, safe, area for the party while the word ends around them in No6.

No5 managed-somehow-to hold a tranquil part free from chaos in the Afterlife Bar.

The group in No4 managed to gather a fairly large amount of supplies for their party, they're also helped by the bar actually having other people in it for once!

Good luck in these final few hours of voting, I trust that everyone else enjoyed this contest and had some fun making their party!
All of the submissions are very good! In no particular order:

I absolutely love the ambience and the atmosphere in number 5. Proper lighting does a lot and the soft warm light of the candles makes the Afterlife Bar looks cozy. (The lack of the usual monkey blood, vomit and broken glasses also helps.)

Number two has the feel of a real adventure. A team on an expedition saluting in front of their vehicles as they pack up and return to their trip, giving the Polaris and its crew one last goodbye. RP server adventures are always very fun and I can imagine this one was too.

The sixth submission while a little bare bones is still impressive since disaster rounds can be very deadly and managing to make a tea party overlooking the void would be no easy task!

I was there during the shift of the submission number four and I find it almost miraculous these peeps managed to make a party there. With all the server crashes and the general chaos surrounding a new map release it's pretty amazing that they actually managed to get organized and nothing bad happened (until the server crashed that is). I also like the diversity of this tea party crew.

And finally number three. In defiance to the vicious Syndicate attack these people refuse to let the fate of NSS Polaris get to them and keep their cheerful spirit even in a place of such tragedy and sorrow. I especially like that Heisenbee has her (oh no, what are the proper pronouns of Heisenbee?) own cupcake and a bowl of bee kibble!
Props to #1 for arming up and creating one hell of a submission. The idea was devilishly simple, but it must have taken an unholy amount of time to get it all together. Satan.
Happy October and thank you everyone for voting for your favorite submissions! We have a clear fan favorite with submission #1, the tea party (and tea cup!) in Hell. Congratulations, RichardGere, Moonlol, Comrade f191, WhataTerribleUserName, and Pali6! queen greater domestic space-bee As promised, every member will receive a cool sticker from Gannets. Please message me on Discord to confirm which sticker you'd like. And as mentioned in the submission thread, the top three will all have their images temporarily placed in posters ingame, and everyone will receive their respective medals (soon, I promise!). 

Reiterating what everyone else has said, all the submissions were very fun and creative! I hope all the teams had fun working together and coming up with their party, and I hope the experience was memorable Boogiebot Thank you everyone for participating, and please look forward to our next contest!
Gratz to the winners.
For such a creative idea and the ammount of time they took to make it,they deserve it.
Was fun participating in this one.
I'm really glad #5 made it to the top 3 - I really like the lighting in it.
Congrats to all the winners! I didn't even know the top entries were going to be made into posters until Flourish mentioned it when announcing the contest winners. Now I'm really curious as to how they'll pull it off.