Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feedture] Functional Plates and Trays
The Lowdown:
hi its adhara again. back at it again with the really cool features that are constantly requested by the community :]
this time its.................................... 
plates that can have food on them
(and also trays that can hold lots of food)
(and also you can right click silverware to rotate it now)
so the abbreviated features are: trays that can have 30 foods stacked on top of eachother, plates that can have 2 foods, rotatable silverware
special thanks to mbc and kyle and urs for helping me a whole whole bunch for this whole mess, they're really great people and i love em.

The Features:
  • A new item, the tray! It needs 2 hands to carry, and can hold up to 30 food items, precariously stacked on top of each other... you'd better be careful with it. Dropping it or throwing it or being too clumsy could mean that everything on the tray would fall off! 
  • Click on a tray with food to put the food on the tray. Click the tray in hand to take a food off the tray. Click the tray with a utensil to eat off the tray. Bash the tray over someone's head to stun them and do some damage! But be careful, they aren't the sturdiest things around.
  • An update to an old item, the plate! Plates can now hold foods! You can choose between one medium sized food on the plate or 2 smaller foods on the plate (not food size itself, its just cosmetic)
  • Plates have the same characteristics as trays, for the most part, but they have a hard limit of 2 foods.
  • Forks, spoons and knives are know rotatable by right clicking on them and selecting the rotate option.
  • Trays and plates are unable to be fried, they get really weird and its not something I wanna mess with.
The Videos:
main demo of features (video is a bit weird, obs stuff sorry):
what happens when you arent careful with your tray:
rotatable silverware:

The Links and Merge Note Stuff:
compare link:
for the people merging: Icons are pointing at the right files, and the edited files are on github, you just need to toss the tray sprite in food_related.dmi, the silverware sprites in kitchen.dmi, and the inhands in hand_food.dmi. Also, I need uh, the bit of modified code in the deep fryer file to also apply to the grill, so that plates can't be grilled. (sorry, i cant do it in 2016) Also I forgot to add trayhit.ogg to the soundcache im sorry

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ytz3487yjg4qzn...h.dmi?dl=0 DMI OF ALL PATCH ICONS
https://www.dropbox.com/s/69rbde19q1zryi...t.ogg?dl=0 TRAY HIT SOUND
10/10, legit i was gonna post a suggestions thread with 2/3 of these things in it, the perfect patch for catering
PLATE + TRAY DEMO VIDEO HAS BEEN UPDATED, I SELECTED THE WRONG VIDEO BEFORE
Very good patch!
time to "accidentally" make a huge mess of medbay with my 30 sloppy joes
hey im gonna push an update soon to fix some duplicate code ill edit this when im done
edit: its done
hey this should be in the merged forum too!!
Moved to Implemented. Someone else merged this one, though.