Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
Remove the wizard shuttle from the teleport spell (but not scroll) destinations
Right now it's far too easy for a wizard to use the wiz shuttle computer to teleport to the station, do violence, then immediately poof away using the spell the moment he appears threatened. This is obnoxious, as there is no counterplay other than incapacitating the wizard before he can cast teleport. If it's restricted to the scroll, the number of times he could hit and run like this would at least be a little limited.
A- Minus idea. I see your perspective though. this is a good band-aid, but I feel wizard spells as a whole need a further examination in terms of balancing. An alternative is to nerf the teleport spell to only have the same amount of uses as the scroll, so it's a buff from 4 -> 8.
I personally love the Teleport spell, especially for goofing around. Additionally, smart players can tell where a wizard is teleporting to.

But, I definitely see your perspective, Berrik. Perhaps the Teleport spell should only be able to be used when no offensive spells are cooling down - so, you can't run in and blast people with spells before immediately teleporting out. Alternatively, having active cooldowns on any offensive spells should significantly slow down the speed at which you teleport, and you get interrupted if you're moved or move. The reason as to why I say Offensive rather than any spell is because it's fairly hard to kill people with a defensive spell (it does depend on the spell though), and they're not particularly destructive.

I definitely want to still be able to be a slippery bastard, since I like harassing and annoying (but not killing) crew and being a bit of a prankster, but I wouldn't want people to be able to bomb somewhere and immediately get away with it.
Do the teleportation jammers scattered around the debris field/sold by that one merchant currently stop wizard teleportation?

If so, that seems a reasonable method to protect key parts of the station (or the whole station with some mechanical help/a big budget).

If not, maybe that could be tested?
Honestly, teleportation jammers in various parts of the station doesn't sound horrible. Makes Telescience a bit less overpowered, too.

I don't think the entire station should be jammed, but definitely various areas like Security, the Armory, the AI Upload, etc.
wizards are really easy to take down if you have acid. if you're a sec officer with acid there's almost no reason why a wizard should be able to dance on u and fuck u up. thats just my opinion and experience though, and i disagree with nerfing teleport spell
(09-26-2019, 06:41 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Honestly, teleportation jammers in various parts of the station doesn't sound horrible. Makes Telescience a bit less overpowered, too.

I don't think the entire station should be jammed, but definitely various areas like Security, the Armory, the AI Upload, etc.

Security and armory are already teleport blocked, but it doesn't work on wizard teleports.
I've always thought it would be neat if when someone is teleporting, that anyone that had them in a grab (or anyone they were grabbing) would be teleported along with them
(09-27-2019, 06:11 AM)jaydunc Wrote: wizards are really easy to take down if you have acid. if you're a sec officer with acid there's almost no reason why a wizard should be able to dance on u and fuck u up. thats just my opinion and experience though, and i disagree with nerfing teleport spell

It's kind of hard to tase someone when you're knocked over from being fireballed.
Teleport can also be precasted if you know you need to run soon. You can't cast any other spells after precasting it, but you'll be able to select your destination and teleport even if you lose your hat to acid or get stunned. A good teleport wiz might take some damage, but they're almost always guaranteed to get away if TP is off cd.