HoS Application: Ace Victor
It feels weird dropping into a really positive app thread to detail some bad experiences, but: I can recall three big experiences with Ace, once when I was sec and they were traitor, once when they were sec and I wasn't, and once when we both were. Of these, the latter was unremarkable, and the rest were honestly bad! I do freely confess that this is a small sample size, but I just plain don't feel right keeping it to myself. I've put the details in a spoiler below.

The first time I can recall meeting Ace Victor, I was the HoS. I'd been watching a rage cage when they started attacking people nearby with a c-saber out of the blue, so I arrested them - all fair enough. However, from that moment until the end of the round, they did nothing but constantly repeat "hah". I consulted with Christopher Firewood and we checked for a mindslave, but found nothing; when I spoke with Ace later, they told me that acting like a mindslave was the intention, but that doesn't explain why they did it not only after we'd confirmed they weren't one, but even into OOC in the lobby for the next round. The result of this is that I couldn't work with them as sec to make anything fun happen, which is what I feel is a really important thing for sec to do... so when somebody who wants to be HoS demonstrates such a bizarre lack of willingness to play the part from the other side, it concerns me. At the time I was basically convinced that they were a new player who hadn't learned getting arrested wasn't a death sentence, not somebody who would be applying for HoS within a few months.

In the second experience, I was a doctor, standing around in medbay. They came in, healed themself, ran off without a word. I tried to speak to them a minute later to either complain or establish that they were just super busy, whatever, and they just suplexed me and left. Later on I was chatting with another secoff by the chapel and Ace passed by, so I tried to explain what I thought: that ignoring doctors to treat yourself was to the detriment of the doctors' game experience. He told me he didn't care, went silent, then wandered off. Maybe they just objected to my tone, but again, caring about other people's game experience is vital to sec, surely?

The third experience was when we were both sec recently - it was a very good team and I have no complaints. The worst I can say is that I didn't notice them really standing out in anyway. I mention it mostly for the sake of completeness.

Maybe I've caught Ace at the wrong times or whatever, and the other replies here and the app itself seem to indicate they're rather better than I've found, but I personally would not endorse them for HoS. In my experience, Ace can be an effective secoff, but with some really weird traits and an odd disregard for other players, and so I think they don't have the particular qualities that set the head of security apart from regular officers.

Messages In This Thread
HoS Application: Ace Victor - by MagicStudiosGuy - 09-26-2019, 04:20 PM
RE: HoS Application: Ace Victor - by OMJ - 09-27-2019, 07:55 AM
RE: HoS Application: Ace Victor - by Sundance - 09-27-2019, 11:02 AM
RE: HoS Application: Ace Victor - by Kovirii - 10-01-2019, 03:12 PM
RE: HoS Application: Ace Victor - by Avack - 10-01-2019, 03:54 PM