Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Mistake] Botany Unleashed
Yeahhhhh... this is probably a bad idea.

[Image: unknown.png]

But fuck it, am I right?

Botany Unleashed:

- Plants will now take on the reagents of both parents regardless of mutation status. Station beware.

Idea Credit Gerhazo:
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=12964

prpr: UM-021
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...6/pull/163
are you brave enough to merge this?
Are you gonna let those other codebase's punk us? we need this asap.
We need this! This would be a huge improvement for botany.
Botany isn't oppressive right now and probably wouldn't be either with this change.
This would be a great benefit for experienced botanists who want to fiddle with creating their dream all-in-one plants and allow for some really creative creations and give the department a potential boost in popularity in that regard rather than just being advertised as a newbie-friendly job(which it would still be, but now with a higher skill ceiling as well).
absolutely include this. lotta fun potential here.
This has been a feature I've wanted for ages. It doesn't break the game, it just means more options. Merge this.
i see nothing wrong with splicing the explosives from seething tomatoes into slurry pods

merge this oh god yes PLEASE
It's probably a very bad idea, which makes it a very good idea.

Let's see what happens!
Do et
hmmb
In light of hotboxing weed being a thing since recently(introduction of new smoke) by having burning herbs release the chemicals within, I'm now conflicted and after some discussion also convinced that this could indeed be a [Mistake] and potentially disastrous. Whether a fault of allowing such hybrids or the addition of the smoke mechanic, still a realistic concern.
*shrug
Well, there should probably be a cap on how much shit you can put into an apple or a weed leaf or what-have-you, so you're more or less forced to sacrifice potency for diversity.
I'd go with removing hot boxing weed. The ability to splice mutants would greatly increase the potential fun for botany. Botany is pretty boring right now. While hot boxing is a neat RP mechanic, I don't really think it's worth sacrificing the potential diversity that this patch would add.
Do it nerds