Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Mistake] Botany Unleashed
Seconding what Czar said, hotboxing got played out relatively shortly after the introduction of newsmoke. I'd gladly trade a relatively simple mechanic in favour of something that could potentially revolutionise and add a lot of fun to an entire department.
While I feel like this can, and likely will, have severe repercussions game play wise,
to put it simply uh, any major offenders can be ironed out afterwards a bit easier, instead of just hypothesizing on it.

A decent midway option I feel would be doing several trial-runs by possibly glueing the features (temporarily) to an admin-controlled button, to get some feedback, and possibly to also do internal testing to check for the extreme outliers.

And I also agree that hotboxing has kind of become something that's more known for its insane lethality rather than its hilarious gameplay implications.
Yeah I think removing hotboxing would be the better choice of the two options here.
Sounds good to me
as fun as hotboxing is, i feel like the gameplay variety you'd gain from something like having crazy spliceables would be much more fun than hotboxing. yeah crazy spliceables could be a bit like, weird at first, but i think that anything too crazily abuseable'd be toned down and its easily modifiable. i think the idea of some trial rounds wouls be fun too, just to see how it plays out
gonna preach to the choir here and agree that this patch wins out over hotboxing for me.
I'd rather have this very sensible patch merged and then wait for a bit if hotboxing becomes a bigger problem. I don't see much use in hypothesizing about it now. If it does become a problem, nerf hotboxing (limiting the number of reagents that can be hotboxed from each herb or something like that maybe?).
I would much prefer this over the hotboxing feature
I say we add this AND keep hotboxing, and only remove hotboxing if it gets abused too much.
Please add this in some form. Hot boxing or no hot boxing, it would really improve botany and make it far more interesting.
I support this change. I don't support the removal of hotboxing. It's literally easier and faster to just make chemicals and smoke than it is to grow evil plants to do the same thing.